PDA

View Full Version : Young's Castle Storming Vacation Day 1!

TBY2225
10-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Dates: September 22nd through 30th 2007 stayed at Pop Century with Free Dining!

We booked with Nanci at Magical Journeys :mickey: and had 6 day base tickets plus one day planned off-site at Kennedy Space Center.

Cast:
Me: 33 Long time Disney fan 4th trip to WDW one trip to DL
DH: 33 Recent Disney fan 4th trip to WDW
DD: 5 Aurora and Ariel fan 2nd trip to WDW
DS: 22 mo Cars, Buzz, Pooh fan 1st trip to WDW

We got up at 5am and left the house by 6am. DH packed the car the night before so all we had to do was get dressed and go! DD and DS fell back asleep in the car so we drove 2 hours and stopped and got breakfast to go at McDonalds. Thanks to the great advice by fellow Intercot member and my friend McGoofy:mickey:, we stopped at exit 3 off of I-95 in Georgia to fill up our car with gas. She had told me that it was 20 cents more when you cross the Florida line and sure enough it was! McGoofy also told me about the Disney Primer Outlets in St. Augustine so we decided to stop by there and look around as well as grab a quick lunch. By the time we got to St. Augustine it was 1pm and the kids needed a break anyway! So we got lunch at Burger King and let them run around a while and went to the outlet. The outlet was great! I was able to get most of our souvenirs there; this kept the kids from asking for so much stuff in the parks. I even found a shirt I had been wanting for $9.99 – later I saw it still in the parks for $29.99! We liked the outlet so much that we decided to stop back by on the way home to see if they had gotten a new shipment! We left the outlet and drove straight to the Pop Century Hotel. We got there about 4pm and had no trouble checking in. We waited only about 5 minutes. The CM gave my DS a first visit button and my DD a princess one. We were put in room 6249, right behind the big Mickey Mouse phone. We had requested first floor, but they didn’t have any left – we were told they were completely booked! It ended up being fine because we were the first room off the elevator and right beside the ice machines. I thought this would be bad because of noise, but we never had a problem. It was a short walk to the food court and DH found a short cut to the Hippy Dippy pool. Next time we will request a preferred room, but we really were happy with our room. We never did get any towel animals and only half the time did we get towels on our door when we had the privacy sign up. The pools and Goofy fountain were great! The grounds and the pools never seemed crowded. The buses were great also. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes or so for a bus and had no trouble getting on, even with long lines. I guess everyone was in the food court. I have posted a separate review on the food court and let’s just say it was always packed, messy and noisy! I do not like the food court at all!
DH brought in the luggage and then he took DD and DS for a swim while I unpacked and straightened up. We were all getting tired and hungry so we headed to DTD. We had 7:00 dinner reservations for Wolf Gang Pucks but were able to check in at 6:15 – luckily we were seated right away. Dinner was ok. (Check out Wolf Gang’s review in the dining section http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117628). After dinner we met up at the World of Disney store with some friends from home who were also there for the week. We didn’t stay long. It was so crowded you couldn’t move and we knew we would be back later in the week for DD to go to the BBB! So we left and went back to the hotel. 9pm sharp we were all in bed! Can’t wait till tomorrow Epcot and Le Cellier!

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a great start. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

McGoofy
10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
:thanks: for the honorable mention!:mickey:

I am so glad that you had a great time. I can't wait to read the rest of your reports even though I have already had the privilege of hearing them all in person!:D I have loved your detailed writing in all of your reviews!

AbeeNormal
10-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Glad to hear you had a safe trip in. It's great that you liked the spot of your room even though your request wan't met.:thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear more...:cloud9:

wdw_bound
10-13-2007, 08:55 PM
We love the Disney Outlet in St. Augustine too! This year we are travelling with my in-laws, so if we can leave early enough, a lunch there would be a good idea on the way down. Was the BK in the mall? We've only stopped there on our way home, so I've never noticed the food options.

Bethis26fan
10-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a great first day.

McGoofy
10-15-2007, 09:46 AM
We love the Disney Outlet in St. Augustine too! This year we are travelling with my in-laws, so if we can leave early enough, a lunch there would be a good idea on the way down. Was the BK in the mall? We've only stopped there on our way home, so I've never noticed the food options.

BK and McDonald's are both near the light before you turn on the main road that goes to the outlets. The food court inside is small, but there is a Sbarros, Chinese food, hot dogs, and some other things. Many of the times that we have stopped there were only 2 or 3 food places that were opened inside the food court. Sbarros Pizza has been open every time though, and that is usually where we eat. We always stop there for the sole purpose of going to the Disney Outlet! We have found many great finds there!:mickey:

DizNee143
10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
sounds like a good travel day!! glad you were able to find some things at the outlet store...im really gonna try finding these outlests when i go in a few weeks!!!..alright im off to read about the rest of your trip!!! :mickey:

faline
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Your trip is off to a fine start!