PDA

View Full Version : best wdw tours for 8 yr old

alwaysmickey
10-10-2007, 08:50 AM
hi everyone! haven't posted in a very long time but with only 241 days to go until our next trip, i wanted to start making plans!:mickey:

my question is what tours would you guys recommend for an 8 yr old (plus us of course)?

thanks everyone and i look forward to reading & posting more often!

ibrowse17
10-10-2007, 08:59 AM
I would suggest the MK tour of the steam trains.:train: I have not done this tour, but what 8 year old doesn't love trains??:thumbsup:

emfleck
10-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Be aware that most of the tours have a minimum age. I know there is no age limit for the Family Magic Tour (I think that is the name). I believe the minimum age for the train tour is 10.

TheDuckRocks
10-10-2007, 10:59 AM
From Info Central the tours an 8 year old could go on are:
MK: Disney Family Magic Tour
Epcot: Epcot Seas Aqua Tour
Behind the Seeds Grennhouse Tour
And at AK Lodge concierge guests only: Discovery Wildlife Excursion

There are also other things that might interest a younger child listed in Info Central under - Special Activities for Children. Although most of these the child goes by themselves and some parents might not be comfortable with that for some children.

tyandskyesmom
10-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I was encouraged by the CM when I made my ADR for Tusker House to reserve the Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot with the kids. He told me that they may bet to release lady bugs into the soil in the green house and possible get to feed baby alligators too. We have never done any tours but that sure does sound like fun (Tlyer is 8 too!) and we love The Land pavillion but I don't know how often or likely it is that those things are done...

83 more days!!!!