PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian .........?

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 12:26 AM
What building would you suggest we ask for at check-in & why ?:tikki: :tikki: :tikki:

TammiMcMan
10-10-2007, 12:40 AM
It might help if you gave your fellow posters a little more to go on. Like what view you have booked, do you want to be close to the TTC or prefer a quieter building? Everyone has their favorite based on personal preference. I'm sure a lot of people will have some great suggestions if they had an idea of what might be important to your family.

Nekochan
10-10-2007, 07:12 AM
I would ask opinions first and then call reservations and put the request on your reservation ahead of time.

We stayed in the Samoa building this year. It was between the two pools, about a 2 or 3 minute walk to the main building, and about 5 minutes to the dock to the magic kingdom. Very convenient building.

Everyone has their favorite buildings.

mrsgaribaldi
10-10-2007, 07:40 AM
I've only been there once in the Tokelau building but it was great. It was close to everything and the room was awesome. The balcony had a great view of the foliage and walkways, it was beautiful. The Poly is my favorite now:cloud9:

dizneynut
10-10-2007, 08:07 AM
We stayed in Tahiti. When we checked in I was worried since it is a little distance from the main buildings.
We loved this building! :cloud9: We could walk to the transportation station and hop on the monorail to Epcot or Magic Kingdom. The walk to the great Ceremonial house was beautiful.

The rooms in this building are huge!

When my husband & I go back to Poly in May 2009, to celebrate our 20th Anniversary, I will request this building.

If you are looking for a building close to the main buildings, this may not be for you.

Gail:mickey:

Momof2boys
10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
We loved Rarotonga - it was centrally located to the bus stop, Captn Cooks, Grand Ceremonial House (for the monorail), etc

Our view was of the quiet pool & it was a perfect location.

KarenP
10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
My favorites are Tokelau and Samoa.

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the vagueness of my question. :(We've never been so it's hard to say we like this & that. :mickey:

I guess a prettty view - quite not on the parking lot and somewhat close to the monorail shops & restuarants.:cloud9:

tomorrowschild
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
If you are looking for a great view with a garden view-
Tokelau room 3915 or 3916 are great. We stayed in 3915 on our last visit to the poly.
We could see the boat lauch from the TTC, the Cotemporary, Space Moutain, and if you stretched a bit you could see the castle.

We had a short walk to the quiet pool, and the TTC. We also had a nice private beach outside the door- we would sit out and watch Wishes (minus the music).

Polynesian Dweller
10-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone. Sorry for the vagueness of my question. :(We've never been so it's hard to say we like this & that. :mickey:

I guess a prettty view - quite not on the parking lot and somewhat close to the monorail shops & restuarants.:cloud9:

The Poly isn't nearly as spread out as it might appear. Take a look at Google satellite images and you'll see what I mean. So, I'd advise being more concerned about the view than location to the Great Ceremonial House (where the monorail, shops, restaurants are).

You can get garden, lagoon, and Magic Kingdom views. Tokelau has great garden views and is centrally located. It, along with Tahiti are newer buildings so have larger rooms and 2nd floor balconies. Tahiti has good garden views but also has MK views and lagoon.

Another reason I would suggest the Tokelau, Tahiti side is that its away from the Aloha show area. When the show is on it can be quite noisy with the drums going on. Not a big deal but something to consider.

Rest assured that any building you take will give you a great trip. :mickey::papple::tikki::tikki::papple:

10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Tahiti was a quiet building and very close to a private-like beach. We watched the water pageant parade and fireworks from there.

mickeefan
10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Now that I have gotten the lagoon view out of my system, we will be going back to our favorite Samoa.
It's in the middle of everything.

Mom2princesses
10-11-2007, 11:51 AM
We were just there in August and we were in Rarotonga. We loved it. With two kids it was great being so centrally located. Especially with the Florida thunderstorms it was right accross from the GCH. It is close to the quiet pool and also close to the TTC. Just ask for the side facing the quiet pool.

Have a great time wish we were going back!

BABB
10-13-2007, 12:46 AM
So, if my family would really like fireworks/castle view it sounds like Tahiti would be best? We've never been to Disney either..:blush:

AbeeNormal
10-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks so much everyone for the great feedback. :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller - Thank you I was hopeing so much that you would be able to give me advice being that I consider you the expert on Poly - Thank you - thank you - thank you:lei:

MomofTwoPrincesses - As soon as I went to your trip reports I immediatly remembered you and your beautiful family. I had seen your trip reports earlier and just loved them thank you so much it was like being there with you - I will return the favor to the best of my ability.... (Still have to learn how to post pictures) but I will I promise :cloud9: