PDA

View Full Version : Christmas questions ---

Sunshine1010
10-09-2007, 11:36 PM
1. I've been to the Halloween party, but I haven't gone to the Christmas party. What differences do they have. Halloween party has candy and costumes, different parade and different firework show.....but what does the Christmas party offer?

2. Candlelight Processional - what restaurants do they have the deals with?

3. Are the decorations up on January 2-12?

4. When do they take down the Gingerbread house at GF?

kakn7294
10-10-2007, 08:05 AM
1. I've been to the Halloween party, but I haven't gone to the Christmas party. What differences do they have. Halloween party has candy and costumes, different parade and different firework show.....but what does the Christmas party offer?
A lot of shows - I believe that there were 4 major shows last year and there are a lot of little performances (like the Main Street performers). They also have the cookie and hot cocoa locations rather than candy. There's a tree lighting ceremony and snow on Main Street. I found it more crowded than the August P&P party and it was harder to ride rides and see all the shows too.

2. Candlelight Processional - what restaurants do they have the deals with?
Garden Grill, Biergarten, San Angel, Marrakesh, Nine Dragons, Rose & Crown, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, Coral Reef - if you don't have an ADR by now, hurry! These places fill up fast, especially with the CP dinner package.

3. Are the decorations up on January 2-12?
I believe they are through the first week of January - so they will be for part of that time.

4. When do they take down the Gingerbread house at GF?
Again, I think it's sometime in that first week of January.

SurferStitch
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
We found the crowds at MVMCP to be pretty good...not too big, not small, but very manageable. Most ride lines were pretty short, especially after the fireworks. The park really clears out after them. But....there is no MVMCP in January.

We don't do many rides at the party....we can do those at another time. The shows should not be missed. The fireworks are beautiful, and we love the parade. I just hope the wooden soldiers are still in the parade this year! The snow on Main Street looks really cool, too.

We are going on a Tuesday again, just like last year. The crowds aren't as big during the week night parties, especially in early December (we are going 12/11).

The gingerbread house at the GF is advertised as coming down on January 2nd. I have a Christmas special about dining around WDW (Raven Simone hosts it), and she stated in the show that they start tearing it down on the 2nd. :santa3::tree:

buzznwoodysmom
10-10-2007, 09:39 AM
If you are going to be in WDW on Jan. 2-12 you will not be able to attend MVMCP. The last party is usually held a few days before Christmas. I do believe, though, that after the last night of MVMCP they begin running the Christmas parade and fireworks in the park during regular hours for the remainder of the holiday season. At least that is how it was several years ago when we visited for Christmas. I don't recall if the shows were shown in the park after the last MVMCP. Not sure how far into Jan. they will run these.

Also, I don't think the Candlelight Processional will be shown during your stay either. I believe the last show is sometime at the very end of December (Dec. 28th or 29th I think). I don't mean to be a downer I'd just wanted to make sure you were aware of this if you aren't traveling to WDW until after the New Year. I would hate for someone to go expecting to do all of these things to find out once they arrive that these events are no longer going on. I hope you have a great trip!

kakn7294
10-10-2007, 04:18 PM
The other 2 posters are right. I didn't take your Jan dates into consideration in regards to MVMCP and the CP. MVMCP ends right before Christmas - Dec 21 is the last one for the year. During Christmas week, they substitute the regular parade with the Christmas parade and change to the holiday-themed Wishes. The last performance of the year for the CP is Dec 30.

Sunshine1010
10-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey guys ---- THANK YOU for all your responses so far. Keep 'em comin'.......

I 'am' going on a trip in January from the 2nd to the 12th....but what you don't know, is that I have a SURPRISE anniversary trip planned for Dec. 9-12. Just a few days with no kids. In 6 years, we've only been away from our son once --- so this will be hard. But - we deserve it.

Anyhow - THAT is why I was asking questions about the Christmas stuff. We WILL be there...

he he he he he

TammiMcMan
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
3. Are the decorations up on January 2-12?There's really no exact date for when they'll be taken down. We were there the first week of January and everything was decorated earlier in the week, MK even still had Christmas music playing. Most of it was down by the end of the week.

4. When do they take down the Gingerbread house at GF?We were at the GF for our January trip and the Gingerbread House was up for the first 2 days of January, but closed. They were dismantling it by the 3rd day.

For your December stay, the only chance you'll get to see the Christmas parade is during MVMCP. They'll have the standard parades during regular park hours. As previously mentioned, there are a number of shows going on, some more elaborate fireworks, photo stations and nearly all the rides are open.

Edited to add some INTERCOT links you might find helpful and a reminder that the Info Central tab found at the top of this page contains some great information:

MVMCP: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp
Candlelight Processional: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/cp.asp