PDA

View Full Version : Last minute miscellaneous questions about everything.....

Sunshine1010
10-09-2007, 11:23 PM
1. When can I get my boarding pass at Poly?...that morning?

2. Where do I go to get the boarding pass?....valet or the front desk?

3. I know the restaurants allow meal-sharing (except buffets)...but do they frown upon it?

4. Trails End - is it good?

5. Coral Reef --- I've been to a few aquariums before, and if you get close to the glass...things get blurry. If we sit next to the glass at this restaurant...will it be blurry?

6. What restaurants use Reward cards?

7. Can I give the front desk my reward card and tell them to use all the money on it to help pay for our room?

Jeri Lynn
10-10-2007, 06:42 AM
1. When can I get my boarding pass at Poly?...that morning?
I fly Southwest and can get my boarding pass 24 hours before our return flight.

2. Where do I go to get the boarding pass?....valet or the front desk?
I stay at the Beach Club and I go to Concierge for them to print out my passes.

3. I know the restaurants allow meal-sharing (except buffets)...but do they frown upon it?
I have never shared a meal but have read posts that state that they have never had a problem with it.

4. Trails End - is it good?

I'm not sure if I have been to this place, if it is the fast food place at the Wilderness Lodge, it is and it's ok, normal fast food type offerings.

5. Coral Reef --- I've been to a few aquariums before, and if you get close to the glass...things get blurry. If we sit next to the glass at this restaurant...will it be blurry?

I have sat one row away from the tank and it was not blurry, not sure about sitting right at the tank.

6. What restaurants use Reward cards?

I believe you can use your rewards card anywhere on property.

7. Can I give the front desk my reward card and tell them to use all the money on it to help pay for our room?

I believe so.

k_reile
10-10-2007, 11:57 AM
We sat right beside the tank and it was not blurry at all.

TammiMcMan
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
1. When can I get my boarding pass at Poly?...that morning?Check with your airline. Most allow you to print a boarding pass 24 hours before your flight. The lobby concierge desk in the GCH can help you out and print it for you.

2. Where do I go to get the boarding pass?....valet or the front desk?Answered above. If your airline participates in the Resort Airline check-in service at the Poly, you can go outside and they'll take care of your luggage and checking you in with your airline. That can only be done between 3 and 12 hours prior to your flight.

3. I know the restaurants allow meal-sharing (except buffets)...but do they frown upon it?Never had a problem when the kids were younger.

4. Trails End - is it good?IMO, it's one of the best kept Disney dining secrets.

6. What restaurants use Reward cards?The shorter list is what restaurants don't take it. I believe that includes the Swan/Dolphin restaurants (obviously) and some of the kiosk stands you might find around Epcot.

7. Can I give the front desk my reward card and tell them to use all the money on it to help pay for our room?Yes you can. The one hint I've heard people make, is that you want to request the card a few weeks prior to your trip and transfer a small amount onto it. When you get it in the mail, call and have the remainder of your money moved over. Not sure why, maybe just to protect you if it gets lost in the mail.

DisneyBunch5
10-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Depending on which airline you are flying, having the concierge preprint your boarding passes may not allow to you to take advantage of luggage check-in at the hotel.

To be safe, check with the airline check-in desk at the hotel for the policy regarding the printing of boarding passes.