PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer

Knitty Kitty
10-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Good evening everyone! :mickey: (Not sure if this should be here or in Dining, but here goes!)

I have what feels like a fairly odd question - do the beverage fountains at the food courts have an option for plain club soda or seltzer water? My family goes through club soda like it's going out of style but I'm betting that it isn't going to be available. If they do - great! We'll get some refillable mugs and call it good. If not, does Garden Grocer work out well and how early should I place my order? We'll be arriving at MCO about 6:00 pm on December 3rd and using DME. I'm guessing we'd be to CBR about 8:00-ish. Would this week be too soon to place my order? Anything else I should know about Garden Grocer?

Thanks in advance!

dolphinmickey9170
10-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I haven't seen club soda before in WDW. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If you are using garden grocer, than I would be placing my order ASAP. They book up for delivery early, so check it out soon. Also, they will deliver to your resort with whatever time you choose for delivery. We booked early delivery, but we were running late, and the bell services kept our milks and juices cold. Once I called bell services, they brought our bags quickly. That bell service CM got a HUGE tip.

Also, there is a minimum order as well, so be aware of that. Have a great time!!

sheepishlambert
10-09-2007, 10:46 PM
:mickey:We used Garden Grocer last January when we stayed at POR for 7 days. Nothing but good news. You order on the internet. I ordered two weeks before we left If you need something that's not on the list just call they will get it for you. I saved a lot of money using this service. We had all of the basics such as cereal, milk, juice and snacks in our room. It also saved time by not going to the food court as much which was quite a distance away from our room. After we checked in the hotel we received a courtesy call from the delivery person when he arrived at the front gate of the hotel. They called within 20 minutes of the designated delivery time. It is a good idea to have your cellphone with you so if you leave your room so they can find you. They deliver the groceries right to your room. He brought the cold items in a cooler and I transferred them to the refridgerator in our hotel room. If you don't have a car and are staying for more than a couple of days it is a good thing!-No problems !