PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare dinner review

tinksmom02
10-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Me, Mark, Jenna (5)
ADR time: 5pm
Arrival time: 4:45
Time seated: 4:50

There’s a band playing on the second floor balcony when we arrive, so I leave Mark and Jenna in the lobby to enjoy it while I check in.
Our table is ready right away, so I gather Jenna and Mark, and we enter the newly refurbished 1900.

Honestly, I’m not observant at all. I didn’t really notice anything different LOL We are seated towards the front of the room, though, near the doors to the hallway. Our server comes over right away and we order drinks (I order a Florida Sunshine, I don’t remember what was in it, but it was good), then, as usual, Jenna and I hit the buffet. We get no further than the kids’ station when we notice that Cindy and Prince C. are in the vicinity of our table, so we head back to meet them.

Jenna was very nice to Cindy, but really, she’s met her before, not that big a deal. Prince Charming, on the other hand…my daughter was absolutely smitten! She was blushing and giggling like crazy. He was really sweet, too, he called her princess (well, he was doing this with all the girls), and he blew her a kiss when he left the table. I thought Jenna was going to pass out. LOL

We’ve got a few minutes before the others come to the table, so we rush back to the buffet. The stations of the buffet are set up according to regions of the world. Well, first there’s the kids’ stuff, then soups and salads, but then there’s Italy, which has chicken cacciatore and some kind of pasta, Asia with beef stir fry, noodles, and a salad, etc. There’s a French station, too, and a couple others that I forget already.

What I notice about this buffet is that there’s not a lot of food at each station. There’s just a small amount of each type of food. I actually like this, because it means the chefs are constantly cooking and replenishing everything, and the food isn’t sitting around forever. Nice.

Everything is pretty tasty, I liked the Italian dishes the best. I'm so sorry that I can't specifically remember all the dishes, but I know that I went for seconds of the pasta! Jenna ate I think FOUR slices of pizza (they were small slices, sure, but Jenna doesn’t eat four of anything LOL) and some fruit. Lady Tremaine works her way over to us. I tell you, I never realized that Lady Tremaine had the personality of a dishrag. I guess that’s the persona she was supposed to have, but seriously! It was like talking to a piece of wood. LOL Jenna got a pic and autograph, although she still thinks she’s mean. Drizella makes her way over, too, and she’s a lot more pleasant. Anastasia was the best, though. She came over and complimented Jenna’s hair (although “it’s not as nice as mine!” LOL), and she was flirting with some of the dads in the room--not Mark, though. Darn, I can’t even pawn him off on an evil stepsister LOL

In the midst of dinner, an announcement came over that Cindy and Prince C. were going to dance. Honestly, we were seated as far away from the center of the room as you could be (we were VERY close to the door where we’d come in), and by the time we got up to see what was going on, they were done with whatever they’d done. I know that the sisters picked out some men to dance with at one point, but we didn’t pay too much attention.

Pictures done, we decide to hit the dessert section of the buffet, which our server warned us TWICE to save room for. Jenna and I take a look. Well, they’ve got an ice cream machine, which is always a big plus, and tons of bite-sized pastries laid out…custard cups topped with strawberries, with mixed berries, chocolate cups with chocolate mousse, all kinds of stuff. And the only dishware they have are the SMALL ice cream bowls. This won’t do at all. I head over to one of the dinner stations and grab a couple of the kids’ plates. Much better. I load up the plates (so Mark doesn’t have to get up and get his own dessert, of course! :blush:), get Jenna some ice cream, and head back to the table.

Not two minutes later, who comes over to see Jenna again? Why, her little boyfriend, Prince Charming! He asks if she enjoyed her meal, and wished her a good night, and blew her another kiss. LOL She was too cute.

We pay for our drinks ($17.04, tip included, although I left a little extra) and sign our bill. The buffet for the three of us would have cost $89.61. Jenna loved the experience, and she ate a LOT (which never happens!), so I think we would return here. I asked her which meal (breakfast with Mary or dinner with Cindy) she liked better, and she can’t choose. I, personally, enjoyed breakfast last time better, but it’s easier to catch Mary in the parks, so I think if we were to return here, it would be for dinner, so Jenna could see her boyfriend!

Mnchknbrat1982
10-09-2007, 09:56 PM
sounds like a good meal. Aw! Sounds like Jenna has a crush. How cute that he blew her kisses. Sounds like a good buffet too.

dolphinmickey9170
10-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Christie, thanks so much for this review. We are having dinner here in December and we were a little worried. But this makes me feel much better!! Can't wait to try it out.

65 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes until we leave.

jpH/keD
10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Great review! Thank you so much! We are going in 36 days and we truly wanted the mice and the FGM! The food sounds like such a plus maybe we wont mind the change in characters! :thumbsup: Thanks again for a nice review! Jenna sounds like a hoot! Glad she got some quality PC time!

Polynesian fan
10-10-2007, 06:31 PM
We had dinner at Park Fare on Thurs. I agree the Floridian Sunshine is awesome. I also like the smaller portions on the buffet so you do know it is fresh. The character interaction when we were there was great. Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters were histarical. They were constantly screaming at each other and trying to one up each other. Of course the food at this dinner was much better than our breakfast at the castle. We also had breakfast at Park Fare during our trip and loved it. You can order the Floridian Sunshine for breakfast.

January-2007
10-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the review, sounds like you all had a great time!