PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life question

mickeymousedabomb
10-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know if the Wonders of Life pavilion will be open during our Nov 21-Dec 1 trip to WDW? It is listed as "open seasonally". There are so many cool things there that we would like to do and are hoping that we will be able to. Thank you. :mickey:

EmmMOM2
10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Wonders of Life Pavilion Reopens

After being stuck in "Seasonal" limbo, since January 2004, the Wonders of Life Pavilion in Epcot's Future World has reopened. The pavilion will remain open through January 1, 2007. Body Wars, Cranium Command and the Making of Me will be operational during this period. The future of the building after the New Year is currently unknown.

HTH

JPL
10-09-2007, 07:33 PM
They are currently using it for the Food & Wine Festival. Reports say that only Cranium Command and Body Wars remain. The current runour is that the simulators in Body Wars are being used to test the new upgrades coming ot Star Tours in the near future. What does all of this mean:confused: It mean I would have to guess no at this time but stranger things have happened.

PirateLover
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Wonders of Life Pavilion Reopens

After being stuck in "Seasonal" limbo, since January 2004, the Wonders of Life Pavilion in Epcot's Future World has reopened. The pavilion will remain open through January 1, 2007. Body Wars, Cranium Command and the Making of Me will be operational during this period. The future of the building after the New Year is currently unknown.

HTH
Interesting. I thought the Pavilion was in the process of being gutted, and is only being used for special events. I was last inside in December 2005 and it looked so sad and lonely. Cranium Command was just as good as ever but Body Wars felt extra rocky, many of the kiosks were malfunctioning and the rest of the place was pretty much empty. I know they removed the DNA structure from the entrance. I'm really surprised if it is indeed open again this holiday season.

Melanie
10-09-2007, 09:02 PM
The pavilion will remain open through January 1, 2007.

It closed in January of this year.

WDWfanatic742
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I'll be highly surprised if WOL opens normally for the holiday season. They decorated the building alot for the F&W Festival and it would probably take them awhile to take most of the stuff off and put everything back to the way it was. The painting over of the Body Wars mural didn't bode well for the building either...

Mickeydream
10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Okay, so all those just returning from WDW (September '07): What did you notice about the Wonders of life.. Is it indeed closed? If it is closed then why does the 2007 Birnbaum's guide to Disney or Intercot not update it as unused? :confused:

WDWfanatic742
10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Disney lists the rides as seasonal. The building itself is being used for the Food and Wine Festival right now.

Darbylew
10-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Every time we go it is not open. I was glad to
hear it is being used for the wine and food
festival. We will be there during that time.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
NOVEMBER 9........ :D

McGoofy
10-10-2007, 12:43 AM
I liked Wonders of Life. I have a cute picture of my son when he was 4 years old in front of the x-ray machine that made his insides look like Tinker Toys. My DS still checks to see if it is open whenever we go back. We all liked riding Body Wars. When we were just there in August, it was indeed closed at that time. We are going back down the week of Halloween, so I will have to check it out. What F&W festival exhibit is in there?

SandmanGStefani24
10-14-2007, 04:01 PM
i'm so bummed Body Wars is gone/not operating. I loved it, and was hoping to ride it one last time before they gutted it, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. As much as I loved it, it's probably just as well since it looked like WDW had kinda let it go. I saw pix on another WDW site and it looked dirty, run down, and visibly worse for wear. It's a shame really, since some minor upkeep or digital updating could have kept interest up in it.

Here's to you, Body Wars...:beer:

Faz316
10-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I was just there 2 weeks ago when the pavilion was open for the Food & Wine Festival. I was hoping that Cranium Command might possibly be open but was surprised to all signs taken down for the attraction. It was like it never even existed so it appears to be done. I doubt they would remove the signs just for the festival and put them back.

Followthatmouse
10-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Cranium Command, in particular, will be missed.

jclightchasr
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
MMMM Belgain Waffles, Body Wars, Cranium Command, the optical illusions, the hot and cold coils, the touch boxes, the room with the slanted floor, the exercise bikes with tv screens and all that 80s pastel color. WOL will be missed it was stated in a Birmbaum guide that the cost to build was put at $100 million. Chump change for Disney I guess. Put the food and wine festival at the old odessey restaurant if there is enough room and refurbish this amazing classic building.

mudpuppysmom
10-25-2007, 09:11 AM
DS and I were there last January and on our way into Epcot we ran into a Dream Squad member who told us that we should REALLY go over and see the things inside that were operational as that would be the last season WOL would be operating -- and that was LAST JANUARY -- 2006. We did go over and we tried to do things, but everything was not working. The x-ray "machine" did work though and DS thought that was cool.......he did NOT like Body Wars though!

Sad to see it go, it had so much potential for the kids (and the big kids too).

Polynesian Dweller
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
We were in the WOL pavillion last week as part of the F&W Festival. The queue for Body Wars was still there, even with the enter here sign. But the ride was closed. There wasn't a hint of Cranium Command and even that entrance was blocked. Nothing else remained except 1 stage and 1 projection area, but they appeared to be set up to accommodate things going on as part of F&W.

I would doubt that any attractions will be open again, with the sole possible exception of Body Wars if the rumours of it being used to test a new Star Wars attraction are true. Might explain the queue area still looking like it was ready to take guests.

tennantsrwe
10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe you could call WDW 800-828-0228 and ask a CM? Sometimes they have more specific info than the websites. Hope this helps.