PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic question

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Ca anyone tell me how Fantasmic seating works? Do you actually sit? Do you have to wait in a queue line? Does anyone ever get turned away from seeing shows because seats are unavaiable?

We've seen Wishes and Illuminations. We are looking forward to being able to see this and would ike to be able to plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your help,:)

Mnchknbrat1982
10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
the theater it is held in is huge. I've never seen anyone be turned away. You do wait in line until about 20 minutes before the show when they start letting everyone into the theater.

KylesMom
10-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Do you actually sit? Yep, they are metal bleachers in a 1/2 circle amphitheater-style setting.

Do you have to wait in a queue line? Unless you book a Fantasmic Dinner Package, you could be in line at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater 1-2+ hours, depending upon what season you go. In peak season, they begin letting guests in to the theater up to 2 hours before show time. Are you going the beginning, middle or end of April?

Does anyone ever get turned away from seeing shows because seats are unavaiable Yes - there is the main seating, Fantasmic Dinner Package seating and Standing Room Only (specific area with cement risers to stand on). Due to the darkness of the theater, they will not just let you stand in the aisleways or at the back of the theater unless it's in the SRO section.

It is popular, but also not to be missed! We highly recommend the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I've never waited in line for Fantasmic. Ever. I go about 30 minutes before the show, but not in line. And I usually get a great seat in the front row 9/10 times.

They have turned people away, only when it becomes a hazard such as...summer seasons. It can get to the point where it is standing room only, and if that gets to be too dangerous, then yes, they will turn people away. But this isn't too common, mostly extremely peak seasons or holidays.

cfoshe
10-09-2007, 06:02 PM
A word of warning should go here. if you have small kids, and you are standing in line to get in. when the line starts, people push, shove run you over. watch out for your kids. its not as bad as it would seem by my discription, but i have been pushed into the ropes before. The walkway is about 10 people wide, and everyone is heading for the same 5 turn stiles at the end. I always hold my kids hands and try to go with the flow.

Deesdisney
10-09-2007, 06:34 PM
I am going end of Jan. and would like to see this but I have a 4 yr old and she does not like to stand in line that long will it be really busy for this?

MickeyandTink
10-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I am going end of Jan. and would like to see this but I have a 4 yr old and she does not like to stand in line that long will it be really busy for this?

We saw it at the end of September and had no problem at all with seating. I would expect crowds in late January to not be too bad, so you could probably get away with showing up 20-30 minutes before show time. The crowds are usually smaller if you are seeing the second show on an EMH night. The amphitheatre is a pretty good distance from the entrance, so be prepared for a walk or use a stroller.

I would strongly encourage you to go. It is by far the best show at WDW, and that's saying something. DD6 wanted to go back and see it every night. She's even agreed to watch the movie Fantasia with us because some parts of the movie were in Fantasmic.

tron1970
10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
When My family and I went in May we went in 10 minutes before the show started and got great seats. We had no problem getting the seats it is all in the timeing when you go.

wedway76
10-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I've never waited in line for Fantasmic. Ever. I go about 30 minutes before the show, but not in line. And I usually get a great seat in the front row 9/10 times.

Same here. We've never waited on line. We've waited sitting in the theater but not online. One thing to consider if sitting way down front is that you could get a little wet from the mist. If your trip is in the winter, it could be chilly at night especially if you get a little wet.

vamaggie
10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
A related question: We are going in early Nov and have the Fantasmic Dinner package. Is it possible to sit on an end seat (and not have to be pushed into the middle?) Even though DD (4) is the one who wanted to see this show most, I am concerned that she may get scared and want to leave. Can we scope out end seats and make a quick exit if needed? Also, where do you leave the strollers if you have the Dinner Package? Finally, how long is the show and how long does it usually take to get out? Thanks!

noahdove
10-09-2007, 08:16 PM
You can always make dinner reservations at one of the restuarants that "guarantee" you a seat for the show and then you just go to the specific area to enter 20-30 minutes before the show starts...that way, no lines, no fussy cherubs...enjoy:mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
A related question: We are going in early Nov and have the Fantasmic Dinner package. Is it possible to sit on an end seat (and not have to be pushed into the middle?) Even though DD (4) is the one who wanted to see this show most, I am concerned that she may get scared and want to leave. Can we scope out end seats and make a quick exit if needed? Also, where do you leave the strollers if you have the Dinner Package? Finally, how long is the show and how long does it usually take to get out? Thanks!

We have always gone with the Fantasmic Package. If you get to the gate where you go in for the package about 30 minutes earlier than they tell you to be there, you can pretty well pick out what seat you want in that area. You may have to sit a while though after getting in. A lot of the people for this section don't come until the last minute. We get an end seat everytime. You can get up and leave any time. They have a concession stand so people are getting up and down and coming and going all the time. I don't think you will have a problem with your daughter getting scared. Ours have gone at a pretty early age and never have we had to leave because they were scared, unless yours doesn't like fireworks. She will like seeing the characters though. All of the Princesses, etc. will be there.

They have a parking area for the strollers before you enter the seating area. It is a long walk up to the seating though from the gate and you will definately need the stroller. The show lasts about 30-45 minutes and the crowd will be heavier going out than coming in because everyone will be leaving at the same time. The walk back always seems longer than the walk up, for some reason.

vamaggie
10-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks Pixismimi!! That puts my mind at ease!

martinfamily5
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM
We love Fantasmic. The first year we went to Disney we didn't go. I heard that it was so wonderful that on our next visit I think that I made my family go in 2 hours early and wait. Now we go about an hour early. It gives us time to rest and to get a snack. It is so cool. I wouldn't miss it.

King Triton
10-10-2007, 01:07 PM
A few Fantasmic comments:

- I too, do not wait in Fantasmic lines. Unless the park is really crowded, you can usually show up 20-30 minutes before and be in decent shape. (However, I should point out that when I did this in August I wound up standing in standing room only...could still see fine)

- While the Fantasmic dinner packages may guarantee you a spot, the reserved sections aren't that great.

- Be careful about sitting up close. If the wind is blowing the wrong way, you can get soaked...worse than Splash Mountain. In fact, when I was there this summer, standing all the way back in standing room only, I could feel the water...didn't get wet, but that's pretty far back to feel the spray.

- Do try to see Fantasmic though...its a great show!