PDA

View Full Version : WDW at Christmas

GFFan
10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
We are going to be visiting WDW at Christmas time this year, this is a first for our family. What would you recommened to check out? Are any attractions decorated?

disneycouple2004
10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Disney does Christmas like nothing you have ever seen:thumbsup:...So much to see..i will try to list all i can think of, others will add also i am sure..
1. MGM ..Osbourne Spectacle of Lights.
2. Epcot ..Christmas storytelling Santa's from around the world (world showcase)
3. Epcot..Candlelight Processional..(Americas Garden Theater)
4. Grand Floridan Resort..check out the gingerbread house and the huge Christmas tree in the lobby. and much more !!
5. The Christmas Float Parade on the water (can be seen from several locations) best view we found was from the Magic Kingdom boat dock...fyi i think i have the name of this one wrong but you get the just of it..
6.Of course Magic Kingdom has Parade at 3:00 everyday..fireworks show...lots of decorations everywhere you look..and much more..
there are many things going on during the Holiday season..check..right here on Intercot Info Central..for all the dates, times etc.
you will love it at Christmas..its more magical than anytime of the year :D
ooops..forgot Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom..!!

mm59
10-09-2007, 04:58 PM
This is the best time to visit. Shows, Resorts ,Parks,and just about everything is wonderful.:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I would recommend going to Info Central and checking out the holiday section. It has everything listed for you in terms of special stuff and decorations.

Marilyn Michetti
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
It's AWESOME - not to be believed !:santa:

mudpuppysmom
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
As the others have said, it is just magnificent!!! DS and I went last year and I wanted to go again this year before Christmas, but the boys out voted me (DH is going on this next trip, so he got a vote on when to go), so we are going in January instead (MLK weekend).

Definitely check out Osborne lights -- if you are into lights, you are just going to be like a kid on Chirstmas morning.......mesmerized!!

The MK is equally as nice, but a different kind of excitment! Main St. is all decked out, the displays around the park are decorated in holiday splendor and it's just wonderful!

Over at AK the tree outside the turnstiles is WOW!!! It's huge and decorated in animal theme -- different, but nonetheless great!

At Epcot you have the decorations at each pavilion along with storytelling about how they celebrate their holidays. As you enter the WS promenade there is a tree so big and so beautiful!!! You cannot miss it! As you stoll up to it, if it is in the evening, they have a lighted archway too!!

Oh, how I wish we were going in December!!!

awaggett
10-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I definitely agree with the other posts--it's an amazing time to visit, you will not be disappointed. Make sure to resort-hop. Both the Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge have amazing trees and decorations. Also, the Boardwalk and Beachclub have great displays. The Osbourne Lights are amazing as is all of the themeing in World Showcase. MK had the least amount of decorations, but was still great. I'd definitely recommend the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT--it's awesome!

big blue and hairy
10-10-2007, 03:47 PM
It's AWESOME - not to be believed !:santa:Yup....:santa:

:sulley:

mudpuppysmom
10-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah!! I forgot about the resorts! GF has the amazing gingerbread house. I could almost not believe my eyes when I saw how big it was! The lobby at the GF was very very nice.

AKL was OK
WL was really warm and inviting feeling
Y&BC had wonderful train displays....DS could not be torn away!!
I don't really remember much about the Poly being decorated, but I was REALLY tired the night we were there.

We all know that normally WDW is magical, but at the holidays it's even more so if you can even believe that -- and it's SO true!

LoriMistress
10-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm sure you're pretty aware, but Christmas and New Years Eve/Day are the busiest time of year at WDW. During these times, the park can close early, several times a day even, around this time. I'm not sure if you've actually done any planning, but I would recommend make any last minute ADRs now, because there will be no WALK INS at any of the restaurants during this time. I would also consider some serious planning! Head to the parks early in the day, leave during the late morning/early afternoon and come back to the parks later during the evening.