PDA

View Full Version : Best Disney experience for family of 5

amball
10-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Please help! We are going to DW June 2008 and I want the full Disney experience for my my husband and 3 children, ages: 11, 9, 7, who have never been there. I really wanted to stay at ASMovies but they only accomodate 4. I do not want separate rooms and I do not want to pay for a suite at a value if it is the same price as a moderate. But the only moderate I understand that accomodates 5 is POR and that does not seem very Disneyish. Does AKL acc. 5 people? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Marker
10-09-2007, 01:35 PM
To my knowledge, the value resorts are definitely the most Disney-ishly themed/landscaped resorts.

I have done 5 people at POR (then Dixie Landings) as well as using 2 connecting rooms at the value resorts. If I were to do it again, I'd choose 2 connecting room. The reason being, there was a lot more space, there was a bit of separation (kids in one room, adults in the other) and the biggest benefit - TWO BATHROOMS. Having teenagers at the time, I also arranged it so the key card they had, opened the door to our side. So they could sneek in as easily.

When we stayed at POR, the kids were smaller (similar to your kid's ages). Pulling out that trundle bed really cut down on the available space in the room. And for some reason none of the kids really wanted to sleep it. I think it was something about being that low, and that close to the bed, they are afraid of being walked on.

I am a HUGE fan of POR, and i love the landscaping/theming. But, for the real Disney-ish theming, it's the value resorts all the way in my opinion.

A Big Kid
10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Dont discount the Ft Wilderness Cabins. I went with a party of 5 (4 females no less!!) and it was wonderfull.

There was a room with two bunks and queen size bed. There was a couch and a murphy bed that pulls out of the wall.

The full kitchen was nice after a day at hte parks.

#1donaldfan
10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
POR AB....we're a family of 5 and absolutly love that resort.......matter of fact, even though it's a moderate I can't see myself staying at any other place.......you'll love it!!!

TammiMcMan
10-09-2007, 09:39 PM
The WL and AKL are the two deluxe resorts that don't accomodate 5 in their standard rooms.

All the resorts have a unique theme, but if you want something 100% Disney related, then your best choice is the value suite. It may be similar in price to a moderate, but the room size is much larger at 520 square feet, it has a separate bedroom for mom & dad (queen bed!), 2 bathrooms plus a kitchenette, 2 tv's and the best part, the kids don't have to share a bed. Sounds like almost a perfect fit for a family with your age range. I'd definitely check it out further and consider it.

martinfamily5
10-10-2007, 11:26 AM
We are a family of 5 and love POR AB. It is fabulous. We will be there in 9 days and can't wait.