PDA

View Full Version : Special Shopping Experiences?

Deesdisney
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I have been reading all about the Pearl exhibit at Epcot in Japan and think I will be doing it in Jan. But I was wondering if there is anything else that would be special to buy in the parks? I would like to buy a special memory in all the parks for me and my group of 3. Any ideas? MGM I would like to do something along the lines of the theme and so on for all the parks.

jpH/keD
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I saw on here somewhere that they have the plushies of Figment in Epcot. ?? Thats a thought... Or my DH is going to do pins from each park for each kid! We also are doing Tinkertreats in their rooms and we have something relavant to each park. They will find them each morning!! For MK we bought the Mickey pirate ears, For MGM we bought Zurg hats for the boys and Jessie hats for the girls. For Epcot we have SSE pens and for Ak we have something either Lion King or Nemo I cant remember!?? I hope this helps! :mickey:

tiaramom
10-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Germany Has Humels ( German Figurines)
And The Artsit Will Sign Them And Message Them For You.
I Have Started A Collection For My Daughter. Dated And With Her Name
Written On The Bottom. You Can View An Artist Painting The Humels Here. Its Lovely..

emerzmom
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
My daughter and I love the shop in the castle at MK. They have beautiful things and some of it is not too expensive. We always find some treasure at that shop. Even if you don't buy anything it is a fun place to look.
Sometimes the best Disney treasure is not planned but you just stumble on it.
Have fun. I hope you find that special treasure!

thejens
10-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I think you are right about the surprise find. While waiting for Illuminations to begin at Epcot, my 3 year old saw the rainbow mickey light sabers and HAD to have one. And, what a nice surprise, it was very reasonably priced. 7.00? I smile everytime I look at him with it remembering his utter delight when he found that he could open the rainbow "laser" all by himself!:yoda:

kim1st
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I had every intention of getting special souvenirs, but with a toddler & a pre-schooler, I didn't do very much shopping!

We did make sure to stop and fill a box with Mr. Potato Head parts (we already had plenty of heads, so we just got the Disney parts). My DD (2 1/2) even got to make a "Potato Head of the Day" that they displayed in the store.

Most other shopping, I did at the Mercantile at our resort while the DDs & DH took their afternoon naps.

EPCOT84
10-13-2007, 03:59 AM
A special memento to purchase should tie to a memorable experience. We all have lots and lots of souvenirs, but what is a truly special, memorable purchase? WIth all the goodies over the years, I am sure certain things stand out.

For me a simple flashlight with fiber optic threads from the World of Nations at night recalls anticipation of Illuminations.

When I read the one who said the Mickey Light Saber, it is both the toy itself and the experience of being at Epcot in the evening.

MickeyandTink
10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
You could get a pin from each park signifying what was most special for each of you at that park (individual ride, park as a whole, favorite character in the park, etc.). Another thought was getting a CD with music from that park. I found out the hard way that most of the park music can only be bought there and is not available through Amazon or some other online music source.

andywicks
10-17-2007, 12:09 PM
..not everyone has the same tastes in shopping, but we love:

Christmas decorations from the Christmas shop (biggest one is in Downtown Disney - I think my wife has everything they have sold for the past 5 years?? (well it seems liks it sometimes!):D
Lenox figures - available at various shops - Art of Disney in Epcot /DTD, Animal Kingdom etc..:mickey:
Cartoons drawn by Disney artists at the Art of Disney in EPCOT - my daughter loves talking to the live cartoonists when they are working in the shop!:mickey:

I hope that this helps?

SurferStitch
10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
We also love to get special ornaments at the Christmas shop in DTD. We always get at least 7-8 each trip (sometimes a lot more :blush:).

We also collect the Disney sketches. I love getting them signed by the artists, and they make a very special momento.

I also get artwork, but if you're looking for something more reasonably priced, the first two things I mentioned are great. I also love to get an ornament from the gift shop in Germany (Glas Und Porzellan) for my mom and myself since we are German.