PDA

View Full Version : DME Luggage Tags - Change of Itinerary

Red Randal
10-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I probably should have considered this earlier but, I changed by reservation a few weeks ago and added on an extra night for this weekend. I realzied now that I never got a new set of luggage tags from Disney to go with the new arrival date.

The tags say "10/13/07" on them, even though my arrival is now on the 12th, but I alsoI see that there are a bunch of bar codes on the tags, so I assume the information is encoded in those and correct. Then again, I know what happens when you assume.

I'm sure somebody has experience with this. Anybody?

cperry92380
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't think you'll have a problem. I believe the way it works is if the luggage handles (for the airport) see a bag with the DME tags on it, they send it the way of all other DME bags... however that happens. I don't think it will matter what date is on the tags. Only way I could forsee a prob is if the resort is wrong. (If you added the extra night at a different resort).

I think you're right though, the bar code probably has all the correct info linked with it.
Call Disney if you have questions, I'm sure they could give you a 'for sure' answer that your bags will be collected and sent to your resort.

disneymom15
10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree with previous poster. However, I would call DME to make them aware of the change. They will probably note it on the computer.

Tink1
10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
You will be OK. I never make it down when I plan to (flying from AVP is lovely - not). The barcode is current and they will have your luggage in your room in no time.

Nanc

vamaggie
10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
I would call DME to alert them of the change to the earlier arrival date. My understanding is that DME is not connected to central reservations and that you have to call to make DME reservations separately from your Disney ressie. I would want to make sure DME has the correct arrival date and also to make sure my luggage wouldnt' be held til the 13th (the original date DME had) Let us know how it turns out

Red Randal
10-09-2007, 04:44 PM
There's no reason for me to not to call them (other than I don't feel like sitting here on hold for a half hour) so I will.

I'm almost positive you guys are right, though. And even if you're wrong and they won't transfer my luggage until the 13th, it doesn't matter to me. My flight lands at 10pm on the 12th and I don't even plan on having my luggage before I go to bed anyway. If they wait until midnight to move it for me, no harm to foul.

Nevertheless, I don't want it to be the next night before i get my stuff, so I'll be calling them. I'll let you know how it goes.

PetefromRI
10-09-2007, 07:44 PM
We just went on a last minute trip to The World and of course we didn't get our tags in the mail.We just picked up our own luggage and went to the ME desk and they printed out new transportation tickets so we could ride the bus.We could have just given them our baggage reciepts and a description of our bags and they would have gotten them for us,but we decided just to get our own bags.Alot of people take a digital snapshot of their luggage and show them that but we find it pretty easy just to get our own luggage.The reservation computers and the ME computers aren't tied in with each other so there's a good chance that ME has no idea about your ressie change.We added a day to the end about a week out from our trip and when we got to our resort I had to call ME from our room to let them know that we were leaving a day later.The're really quite easy to work with so you shouldn't have a problem,just make sure that you stop at the ME desk at the airport so that they may print you another ticket to ride the bus on the 12th.Most of all...Have Fun!!!

Red Randal
10-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I called them and they told me that all I have to do (I swear, I'm not making this up) is "cross out" the date and the luggage tag will work fine. By the way, this information is only true because my reservation number did not change when I switched resorts.

So that's that.

PetefromRI
10-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I told you that they were easy to work with(lol).Have a great trip:thumbsup:.