PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo/opening day ( 10/8/07 )

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-08-2007, 10:02 PM
:chef:It's nice to know the restaurant is finally open now. My husband and I have reserv. on Nov. 9th for dinner. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:joy:

WDW Dreamer
10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
We have reservations in December. Hopefully someone will post a menu and review soon!

Figment!
10-09-2007, 06:40 AM
We have reservations in December. Hopefully someone will post a menu and review soon!A partial menu released by both locations has been posted in the News form for a little over a week. Below is that menu, now updated with further details

Teppan Edo

Mitsukoshi proudly presents Teppan Edo, where the spirit of Japanese cusine is demonstrated through the culinary feats of the Teppan Chefs, reflecting the vivacious festivity of the Edo period, which began in 1603. Guests will enjoy a dining experience featuring Teppan-yaki style cuisine and time-honored Japanese hospitality in an atmosphere of traditional majesty.

Menu Selections

Appetizers...From $3.00

Assorted Tempura
Edamame
Garden Salad
Japanese Clear Soup
Miso Soup
Seaweed Salad
Shrimp Cocktail
Tofu Salad
Vegetable Croquette

Sushi Selections ..From $7.50

California Roll
Crispy Eel Roll
Crispy Suklyaki Beef Roll
Sushi Sampler

Single Entrees..From $16.00

Chicken Breast
Filet Mignion
New York Strip Steak
Shrimp
Scallops
Yasai

Combination Entrees...From $24.00

Chicken breast and large shrimp
Sirloin steak and chicken breast
Sirloin steak and large shrimp

Edo Selections (Courses)...From $59.00

Course selections from above

Kid's Meals...From $9.50

Chicken Breast
Chicken & Shrimp
Large Shrimp
Teriyaki Chicken
Vegetable Croquette

Desserts...From $4.00

Chocolate Ginger Cake
Green Tea Pudding
Ice Cream
Fruit Tart

Beverage Selections

Premium Sake (Glass)...From $4.00
Premium Sake (Bottle)...$18.50
Sake Cocktails...From $7.50
Specialty Drinks...From $7.50
Kirin Beer...From $4.75
Premium Wine (Glass)...From $4.50
Premium Wine(Bottle)...From $23.00

Tokyo Dining

In Tokyo Dining, Mitsukoshi showcases traditional Japanese cusine and ingredients with modern innovative presentations. In an elegant and modern setting accompanied by authentic hospitality with sincerity, Guests will enjoy the harmonious union of a traditional food culture dating back to the Edo period and the ingenuous spirit of modern Tokyo.

Menu Selections

Appetizers...From $3.00

Assorted Tempura
Edamame
Garden Salad
Japanese Clear Soup
Miso Soup
Seaweed Salad
Shrimp Cocktail
Tofu Salad
Vegetable Croquette

Sushi a la carte...From $3.00
Sushi Combination...From $8.00

Tempura Single Entrees...From $16.00

Chicken
Scallops
Shrimp
Vegetable

Tempura Combination Entrees...From $14.50

Chicken and scallops
Shrimp and Chicken
Shrimp and scallops

Tokyo selections...From $23.50

Bento Box
Tempura and sushi combo
Shinjuku Gozen

Breaded Deep-fry...From $18.00

Breaded Seafood Combination
Chicken breast
NY Strip

Japanese-style grill... From $17.00

Grilled Breast of Chicken
Grilled NY Strip Steak
Grilled Salmon
Kid's Meals...From $9.50

Shrimp and Chicken Tempura
Teriyaki Chicken
Vegetable Croquette

Desserts...From $4.00

Chocolate Ginger Cake
Green Tea Pudding
Ice Cream
Fruit Tart

Beverage Selections

Premium Sake (Glass)...From $4.00
Premium Sake (Bottle)...$18.50
Sake Cocktails...From $7.50
Specialty Drinks...From $7.50
Kirin Beer...From $4.75
Premium Wine (Glass)...From $4.50
Premium Wine(Bottle)...From $23.00

SurferStitch
10-09-2007, 06:44 AM
If the menu at {on another site} is correct, then I'm not so thrilled about dining at Teppan Edo. No scallops? I loved their shrimp/scallop combo, and I was going to go all out this year and get the shrimp/scallop/lobster combo. :(

DH and I are deciding whether to keep the ADR, or try someplace else (DH mentioned he'd like to go back to Nine Dragons). Or, we may try Tokyo Dining. At least there I can get shrimp/scallop tempura. I'll just have to wait and see if a more extensive menu is released.

Is Tokyo Dining a different ADR from Tepan Edo, or can you choose?

momef3grls
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I had reservations for this coming friday but last month I got the dreaded call that I had to change them. I saw the post yesterday that they opened early and tried to get my res back. I called and they said they are not currently taking ADR. I explained what happened and they said that if I want to try a walk up I could but that they are not taking ADR. I hope I can get in there it was to be the first time we are taking the DD's to there and wanted them to try it. Sorry just venting:blush:

SurferStitch
10-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks for posting the updated menu today. The combos still look a little lame, so I may just have to order two singles. At least they have scallops! I just don't like to eat one kind of seafood....I like variety.

amorillo
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
If the menu at {on another site} is correct, then I'm not so thrilled about dining at Teppan Edo. No scallops? I loved their shrimp/scallop combo

Another upset person here! :( DH would get scallops & steak and I would get chicken & shrimp.... then we would share. Now what?

SurferStitch
10-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Another upset person here! :( DH would get scallops & steak and I would get chicken & shrimp.... then we would share. Now what?

Looks like you'll need a chicken/shrimp combo and two separate selections for the scallops and steak.

Then again, they may work with you to make a special combo if you want it. Can't hurt to ask! I'm sure we're not the only ones who like the old combos.

LoriMistress
10-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I read the review of the restaurant from another site with pictures, and I cannot wait to eat there in December!!!

dmallan
10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
The menu I've seen posted on another site does not distinguish between lunch and dinner. I am assuming that lunch prices will be cheaper. Actually I'm HOPING the prices will be cheaper as that is why we chose to do lunch rather than dinner!

Nj genie
10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Is there still hibachi style dining, where the chefs cook at your table?

TheRustyScupper
10-11-2007, 12:04 PM
To answer a few questions from above:

1) Tokyo Dining is a separate ADR from teppan.
2) Tokyo Dining is not on DDP.
3) Yes, they still have teppan, when chef prepares in front of you.

NOTE: There is a good view of the water from the new windows in Tokyo Dining. It will be interesting to hear how good of a view Illuminations is while eating. Since it is not DDP and a little more expensive, it will "probably" be easier to get a seat.

CarolMN
10-11-2007, 12:58 PM
To answer a few questions from above:

1) Tokyo Dining is a separate ADR from teppan.
2) Tokyo Dining is not on DDP.
3) Yes, they still have teppan, when chef prepares in front of you.

NOTE: There is a good view of the water from the new windows in Tokyo Dining. It will be interesting to hear how good of a view Illuminations is while eating. Since it is not DDP and a little more expensive, it will "probably" be easier to get a seat.
Do you (or anyone else) know if they will accept the DDE discount card?

JoDisney
10-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I called yesterday to make my priority seating for Dec. 1 and the CM told me that Teppan Edo does not take the DDE card. I knew Teppanyaki did not take it, so when she said this it was not a surprise. If you lost your sheet of restaurants that take the card, just google "Disney Dining Experience."

SurferStitch
10-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I called yesterday to make my priority seating for Dec. 1 and the CM told me that Teppan Edo does not take the DDE card. I knew Teppanyaki did not take it, so when she said this it was not a surprise. If you lost your sheet of restaurants that take the card, just google "Disney Dining Experience."

What?? I didn't know that. Now I really am considering canceling this ADR. What a let down.

We were on the DDP last year, so I wasn't aware that Teppanyaki didn't take the DDE card.

mousetrapper
10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Very interesting! I didn't realize Tokyo Dining wasn't on the dining plan.

We currently have ADRs for Teppan Edo for lunch but I am going to try to change them for Tokyo Dining. The other menu just seems heavier for lunch and we have ADRs for dinner that night too so I don't want us to get too full! Sushi would be a nice, light lunch for us.

We have a few extras to pay for over and above our allotted TS credits, so we don't mind paying for the lunch, but it's good to know ahead of time!