PDA

View Full Version : Using DVC points for Disney Cruises

BabyBun
10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Another question...... how would you figure out how many points it would take for a Disney cruise? Is it based on room, number of people, dates or something else? Is there a chart somewhere? Is there a fee to book one? Thanks. :mickey:

WRWDisney
10-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Yes there is a chart: it is under the vacation points chart on the member web site.

It is based on the number of people (the first two cost considereably more points than the third and fourth) To give you an example, we are booked on the 4-day, Cat. 5 room with two adults, a 12 year old and a 9 year old. It cost us 636 pts. and the booking fee (which is $79 now and will be going up to $95 Jan 1).

Hope this helps:number1:

Tinkermom
10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
We also used points for our upcoming February 7 night cruise (our first). There are 5 of us staying in a Family Stateroom. We used our points for a little more than half of the cost of the cruise. We used 542 points for the first 3 people and paid cash for the other 2. We wanted to keep some of our points to add on a WDW stay.

The point cost for the cruise varies by season. I really wanted to go in March while our kids were on Spring Break but it was too expensive. The cruise was $3000.00 more in March! Of course the point cost was more also.

NewmanFamily6
10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
We are cruising with points in Jan 2008. There are 6 of us. We had to get 2 rooms and went with the basic inside staterooms. Dad & boys in one room and the girls & I in the other. It was 565 points for us:mickey: We couldn't afford the cruise otherwise.

GreenBeetle
10-12-2007, 09:04 PM
We also used a mix of points and cash for our 4 night cruise in September. My husband and I were 258 points in a Cat 6 room with verandah. Then we paid cash for the kids since the 3rd and 4th person are cheaper. Don't think we could have cruised any other way. :mickey: