PDA

View Full Version : Petty Race Track Experience...?

AbeeNormal
10-08-2007, 08:12 PM
At least I think that's what it's called. Anyway about the NASCAR experience. Has anyone done it???? (I mean driving the race car). It seems pretty expensive and they make the ride - a - long seem very blah. :(

I want to surprise:secret::car: my DH for his birthday I know 400.00 is alot and that's why I am asking if it's worth it. :spend::spend::spend:

Main Street Jim
10-09-2007, 10:53 AM
The Ridealong used to be only $99.00....the Driving program (Rookie Experience - 8 laps driving following a lead car) was $399.00 last time I remember....

Kenny1113
10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
My dad ( a HUGE Nascar fan) did the expirence where you follow a pace car and LOVED it. :heart:( This was a few years ago ) His only complaint was that he wished he could have gone faster.

DizNee143
10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
i got the rookie experience for my fiance last january..it was a christmas gift!!..and he absolutely loved it!!!!!
if you happen to be part of DVC you get a percentage off...with that i only paid $365..
he really enjoyed it...never saw such a huge grin on his face..pure happiness!! hes wants to go back and do it again...im trying to save up $700..so i can get him the next experience thats after the rookie one...
if your DH..is into cars and all that stuff..he will really enjoy this...:mickey:

Figgyluv03
10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
DBf has been begging me to do this, but I dont' think we are going to have the money since he's going to have to buy a house next year and I'll be putting out most of the money for the trip.

c&d
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
I gave it to DH last year for his birthday and he loved it. One of the things he did was do the ride along prior to his driving experience, they suggest you do that. He was really glad he did that since he then had an idea of how the car held the road.

I did the ride along and really enjoyed it.

After everyone did their rides, they took all the kids out for a spin (~70mph) in the van on the track.