PDA

View Full Version : Boma review

TBY2225
10-08-2007, 04:37 PM
We had dinner at Boma on Friday 9-28-07. We were on the dining plan and had ADR’s for 5:00pm. We planned to take our first tour of Animal Kingdom and after the parade leave to have dinner here. This worked great except that lots of other people had the same idea and Boma was packed! We arrived right on time and got a pager. We were seated about 5:20. I did hear that they were taking walk-ups with about a 35-45 minute wait. We were seated and our waiter took our drink orders and told us to go ahead and get started. I wasn’t too impressed with the set up of the buffet. I think it was because people weren’t sure where to start and most everyone was breaking into line, going both directions, or just not caring – it was chaotic. It was also quite loud in there. I did like the whole feeling and design of AKL though. After dinner we were able to walk around outside and take some pictures. The best part of the buffet for me was the soups. I ended up trying them all. I am a huge crab soup fan. The crab soup here at Boma was some of the best I have ever had. I also enjoyed the curry seafood soup, butternut squash, lamb stew, and corn chowder. DH and I also enjoyed the olive hummus. I ended up with 3 helpings of it. I also really enjoyed the curry salmon. I liked everything I tried. DH liked the Prime Rib. DD and DS got the kids standard – nuggets, mac and cheese, and fries. For dessert I was really excited to try the zebra domes. But, alas, I know I am in the minority but I just didn’t care for them. They really didn’t have much taste and the texture didn’t sit right with me. I wasn’t really crazy about any of the desserts so we mostly ended up eating the fresh fruit. I am glad we tried Boma, but other than the soups, I wasn’t all that impressed.
If we had paid OOP $ 79.65.

SBETigg
10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
We loved Boma, too. Especially the soups! All delicious. We also weren't big fans of the zebra domes. We liked them, but weren't bowled over. Boma is worth a return trip for us-- so much to try and all of it so good!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
My husband and I are trying Bomas for the first time on Nov. 14th........We're looking forward to it!!!!!!!! We've heard many good things about it.:mickey:

peemagg
10-08-2007, 08:40 PM
We ate there in January and loved almost everything. I have an allergy to shellfish and was quite impressed when one of the chefs came out and walked me through the whole buffet and told me what things had shellfish in it. I have never had that type of service anywhere.

I totally agree about the zebra domes. They didn't impress me at all. I really liked the banana bread pudding.

We have our reservations for our upcoming trip in January. Can't wait to see what they fix this time. This is one restaurant where the menu is always changing.

mickeymousedabomb
10-08-2007, 10:57 PM
We are trying Boma for the fist time 11-24 for dinner. We are on the dining plan and are looking forward to this restauraunt.:chef: We've heard mixed reviews about things here but we are willing to try for ourselves and see what we think. I myself do not do ANY seafood neither does DD 11. I am sure there will be plenty for us by the sound of everyones ravs! Mom and DD 5 will be in heaven with the soups!:cloud9:

McGoofy
10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I know that I am in a minority here at Intercot as I am one that was not really impressed with Boma. In '06, my DH and I ate there for our 13th anniversary. When we arrived for our ADR, they asked us if it was a special occsaion. We said "yes" and told them that day was our anniversary. We also were wearing the Disney wedding buttons. I'm not sure why they asked us because they never did anything or even said "Happy anniversary." That's besides the point of the restaurant review, but that is just how our night started. My DH and I ordered drinks at the beginning. When they ran dry, our server never offered to refill or ask us if we wanted another. Then the location of our table was awful. We were seated right in the path of the line to the buffet. We constantly had people right beside our table and staring at our plates. That was very uncomfortable. And speaking of the line...that was quite chaotic too. There has just got to be a better way to do that. The line was so long that DH and I never even went back for seconds, which stinks since it was an all-you-can eat buffet. There were a few things that I did like. I had a potato bacon soup that was pretty good. I also enjoyed the zebra domes. However, now they sell the zebra domes and chocolate mousse desserts in the grab-n-go fridges at AKL, so I really don't anticipate making another reservation for Bomas.