PDA

View Full Version : Ohana review

TBY2225
10-08-2007, 04:35 PM
We had dinner at Ohana on Thursday 9-27-07. We were on the dining plan and had ADR’s for 5:30pm. We wanted to eat and be able to go to MK to watch the parade.
We arrived about 5:20 and got a pager. They were really busy already and the lounge was packed. I did hear them tell some walk-ups that they could be seated in about 45 minutes or so. DH got me a Lapu Lapu and we sat and listened to the singer for about 25 minutes until we were called. We were seated on the opposite side from the fire pit which was a bit disappointing, but as soon as we sat down we had food! We were already eating before our waitress got over to get our drinks. DD and I got lemonade and DH got diet coke. We all loved the chicken wings – DD ate six by herself! The shrimp were pretty good and DH and I enjoyed trying everything with all the different sauces. We all loved the potatoes and ate all of them. DS and I enjoyed the veggies as well. The vinaigrette on the salad was good too. Once we were done with our appetizers, we had to ask our server how to get the meat. I guess she had forgotten that we hadn’t gotten any yet. We had never been so we weren’t sure how this worked. She went and got the skewers for us and we all tried a little of everything. It all tasted good. I was worried about it being over cooked, but it wasn’t. The steak was even a little pink inside. The steak and pork ribs were the best. I wasn’t too crazy about the sausage and turkey, but it was still good. The bread pudding was good too. DH loved it and ate a couple of helpings. I don’t really care for bread pudding, but I did eat some of it. The kids enjoyed it as well!

Overall, this was a fun evening – the whole experience was good. Had we not had to wait about 15 minutes to get our meat after our appetizers were done, this would have been about a one hour meal. If we had paid OOP $ 79.65. Lapu Lapu with tip $ 15.58 OOP.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
:tikki:I hear Ohanas is AMAZING!!!!!!! My husband and I will be eating there on Nov.11th for the very first time... Can't wait to try it out.

SgtTigger
10-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh yea this is a must stop on every trip..... I cant wait till our Nov. trip.........

Good food nice place and you can go walk it off and look at the castle in the distance.....

:cop: :tigger:

McGoofy
10-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Those chicken wings are awesome! I think there is a recipe for them floating around Intercot somewhere. I would love to be able to make those at home. The lapu lapus are my favorite at Tambu Lounge. FYI...if you want to spend even less out of pocket, you can ask them to make you a lapu lapu in a regular glass instead of the pineapple. It's not as pretty, but it is about $4.00-5.00 cheaper. I can't remember the exact amount--I was a little wasted from the lapu lapu by time the bill arrived.:silly:

Momof2boys
10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
We picked O'hana as our arrival day dinner next week ! We haven't been since they changed the dessert so I'm hoping it's still as good as the first time we were there.

goofysbabe
10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
:tikki:This is one of my husbands favorite restaurants. We liked the changes they made and have never been disappointed:papple: