PDA

View Full Version : Funny Beach Club Question from DH

kim1st
10-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm trying to get DH on board with a fall 2008 trip, and I need a little help - especially from my fellow New Englanders...

Last night, I made my DH watch the Great Hotels special about the Yacht & Beach Clubs, since I have pretty much decided we should stay at BC for our next trip.

He comes out with - "Do people from Cape Cod actually stay there? Why would they go there when we have the real thing here?" :funny:

Please help me out with the non-theming benefits of staying at the BC - the more practical the better (DH is an engineer :sam: )...

brownie
10-08-2007, 10:08 AM
The main pool area is really a mini-water park. You have Beaches & Cream ice cream shop right there. You have great access to Epcot through the nearby International Gateway, and good access to Disney Studios, without using the busses. You're across the lake from the Boardwalk.

Seasonscraps
10-08-2007, 10:09 AM
That's very funny!

Non theming reasons to stay at the Beach Club...

Location, Location, Location!

It is steps away from the International Gateway at Epcot.

It is also a nice stroll or boatride to MGM.

There are many dining options in the immediate area from signature dining to ice cream.

The Boardwalk is a short walk that provides evening entertainment - Jelly Rolls, ESPN plus the carnival style games & performers.

Then there's Stormalong Bay - the most popular feature pool on property.

dixielandings
10-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I can kinda see his point but I agree with Christine. This is my favorite Resort location - on the water, walking distance to Epcot - I love it. What about staying at Swan or Dolphin? We've stayed in both and loved it. Just a thought.

TammiMcMan
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Well, I'm from Boston and have spent plenty of time on the Cape. I held off staying at the YC for the same exact reason, the theme was just too close to home. Once you get past the exterior of the resort, you're fine. As Christine said, it's all about the location. We found ourselves so close to Epcot, that we would go in through the back gateway simply for lunch or to grab a pastry or glass of wine in France.

You also have the Swan/Dolphin as previously mentioned and the BWI is more like Atlantic City than Cape Cod.

MidnTPK
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I find the YC & BC to be nicer than the cape!!!!

On the cape, you spend the same amount of money and get a dingy old motel room from 1962. On the cape, you're lucky when the fog doesn't roll in and make visibility 2 feet. On the cape, it smells like low tide at low tide. There are as many bridges and travel lanes into the resort driveways as there are to get onto the whole cape.

WLfans
10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I grew up in RI spending summers in Newport and Narragansett. I now live in CT. I have to say I kind of thought the same thing but you'll be amazed at the details. In Kennebunkport there are two old style hotels that are like BC. The Colony and Nonamtum. Disney really nailed with both YC and BC with the theming. Even the chairs in the lobby are replicas of those found at the Breakers manison in Newport. There a rose color beach chair with high canopy backs.
The pool if anything is a great reason to go. Its awesome and there's no other hotel on the property like it. As a New Englander I really sugguest staying here. Try room 2512 or 3512 easy walk to Epcot and Boardwalk and view of the fireworks from Epcot. If you appreciate New England you'll be very happy with the way they pulled off YC and BC.

Go Sox!!:mickey:

kim1st
10-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks so much for all your helpful replies! Can't wait to share them with :sam: ...

Location is really the reason I want to stay there...we loved WL, but everything except MK felt really far away.

Try room 2512 or 3512 easy walk to Epcot and Boardwalk and view of the fireworks from Epcot.

What kind of rooms are these? We're 2 adults & 2 kids, so we'd need the 2 queens configuration.

Go Sox!!:mickey:
:ditto:

WLfans
10-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure these were Garden view. . I'll PM you a website with a diagram of room numbers .

Dave

SgtTigger
10-08-2007, 10:40 PM
My greatest reason to stay here would be............

Beaches and Cream........

I love this place.... we go over just to eat there and we always stay at Wilderness Lodge Villas......

:cop: :tigger:

Tink&Goofy
10-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Its funny, but this is the same feeling I have about staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Seems like it would feel too much like home. Yet I would still love to stay there because the grounds look wonderful.

As for the Beach Club, like the others have said, the location would be the prime draw. We stayed at the Boardwalk last trip. I have never really been interested in the theming there, but we LOVED it. The location was fantastic, and I actually liked the Boardwalk. So I guess theming isn't everything. Location, location, location!

TammiMcMan
10-09-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm pretty sure these were Garden view. There were not view and there was no parking lot view. I'm PM you a website with a diagram of room numbers .You just have to be careful with requesting specific room numbers. The ones you listed are part of the "standard" view and many of those have a view of the parking lot. I'd ask for a general area instead.

prprincess
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm just echoing everyone else. The location is more than amazing. When I stayed there I felt like there was so much to do, so nearby. Then of course, the sand-bottom pool. My son loved it!

Tick-Tock
10-09-2007, 07:12 PM
We spent some time hanging in the BC lobby this weekend (waiting for the F&W Afternoon Tea with Stephen Twining). It was fun to see the doorman greeting people with a tip of his hat, and for the whole hour we were there, Lilo and Stitch took turns out in the lobby, dancing with kids and playing games with them.