PDA

View Full Version : which Japan restaurant to choose??

mousetrapper
10-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Just read the great update from Jason on the new Epcot restaurants. We have ADRs at the Teppan restaurant but now I wonder if we should change to the sushi lounge, Tokyo Dining.

As I understand it, both have a show feature (i.e. chefs in view making sushi at Tokyo Dining or in the style of teppanyaki restaurants such as Sakura and Benihana at Teppan Edo).

We go to our local Sakura a lot for the teppanyaki "show" and it's fun, but I wonder if we should try the sushi bar instead? Would be really cool to watch them make the sushi -- it's such an art form in my view.

We do all love sushi, of course.

Any thoughts or opinions?

SBETigg
10-08-2007, 10:55 AM
They both sound so good to me, too. It's a tough choice. I think it comes down to what you feel more like when you make the ADR.

Samtastic
10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
I wonder if the sushi will be covered on the DDP? Sushi is so yummy, but then again habichi style is so much fun!

mousetrapper
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
I wonder if the sushi will be covered on the DDP? Sushi is so yummy, but then again habichi style is so much fun!

That's a good question! Anyone know if the new sushi restaurant is included on the DDP?

I'll check around on Intercot to see if I find the answer somewhere...

tennantsrwe
10-12-2007, 07:43 AM
We tried the Teppenyaki side in 2005 and it was just OK...nothing to get really excited about. We, too, have those style resturants in our area and honestly the food at Epcot was pretty bland. The show was basicly the same as any other we'd seen. The resturant itself was nice, and the staff was too. We just weren't blown away by the food or the experience. If you like sushi I'd say take a chance on it, if you can get ADR on the DDP. At least it will be a new experience. Hope this helps! :mickey:

SBETigg
10-12-2007, 08:07 AM
We tried the Teppenyaki side in 2005 and it was just OK...nothing to get really excited about. We, too, have those style resturants in our area and honestly the food at Epcot was pretty bland. The show was basicly the same as any other we'd seen. The resturant itself was nice, and the staff was too. We just weren't blown away by the food or the experience. If you like sushi I'd say take a chance on it, if you can get ADR on the DDP. At least it will be a new experience. Hope this helps! :mickey:

It will be a new experience on both sides at this point because the hibachi-style side has been redesigned with a new menu, thus the original poster's dilemma. :)

MickeyandTink
10-12-2007, 01:42 PM
That's a good question! Anyone know if the new sushi restaurant is included on the DDP?

I'll check around on Intercot to see if I find the answer somewhere...

I can't wait to find out. If the sushi restaurant in on the DDP, I am so there next year. :eat:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
My husband and I will be eating at Teppan Edo on Nov. 9th. We ate at Teppanyakis' last year and loved it!!!!! Now it's a new name and new menu. It should be just as good as last year. We'll give our review next month.:chef:

mousetrapper
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
My husband and I will be eating at Teppan Edo on Nov. 9th. We ate at Teppanyakis' last year and loved it!!!!! Now it's a new name and new menu. It should be just as good as last year. We'll give our review next month.:chef:

Great! I'll look for your review...hopefully you'll be back and post your opinion before we leave on Nov. 17!

;)

Crow
10-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Id probly go for the sushi & the view from the window. the lounge used to b a fav place of mine.
only ate at Teppanyaki once. i was going to eat there last month but it wasnt open yet....i stood lookin at the people practicing for opening from below.
ill b watching for reviews also for next yr

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Great! I'll look for your review...hopefully you'll be back and post your opinion before we leave on Nov. 17!

;)

MOUSETRAPPER -- we won't be back in time before you leave for Disney. Our trip is from Nov. 7th thru Nov. 17th. We have a late flight out that Saturday night 11/17/07 and won't be landing in Phila. til 11:30 PM I'll post my review after we get back. I do hope you enjoy yourselves. Teppanyakis' was awesome and I know Teppan Edo will also be great!!!!!! Have fun!:chef: