PDA

View Full Version : Crowds & Weather in May?

jennsky
10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm looking at booking a trip in May next year. Just wondering what the crowds are like and the weather. I was there last year during the week leading up to Easter and I never EVER again want to go when it is that busy. There was literally no where to walk. It was insane. I believe Easter is in March next year, but I want to make sure the crowds won't be that crazy in May. Thanks!

AirlineGuy07
10-07-2007, 10:51 PM
The last 3 times we have been to Disney have been in the first or second week in May and the weather and crowds were great. The last three times I think it only rained once the week we were there. The crowds aren't going to be nearly as heavy in May as around Easter. The most we waited in line was probably 20-25 minutes and that was only a couple of rides. Some of the rides we walked right on. Make sure you dont go too close to Memorial Day though because the crowds will pick up. I can't think of a better time of the year to go. Not too humid either!!

10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
We were there during the week before Memorial Day weekend (19th - 25th) and the crowds were still manageable. Utilizing fastpasses, we never waited longer than 20 mins. for rides. The weather was beautiful all week. May is a great time to go.

GO STEELERS!!!!

PlutoLover
10-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

I'm planning for the first week of May 2009 and was curious myself

:bat: :mpumpkin: :ghost:

Seasonscraps
10-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I have been there a few times during the first 2 weeks of May - the weather is perfect and the parks were not that crowded at all. We used fastpass for some of the more popular rides but that's about it.

It's a really pleasant time of year to visit.

jennsky
10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
We are thinking of May 11th - 18th, so from the sounds of it, we should be alright. The following week is the week leading up to Memorial Day so I'm happy we won't be there then, although it doesn't sound at all busy like Easter is/was. Thanks so much guys!:number1:

Tygger7
10-08-2007, 12:08 PM
We are thinking of May 11th - 18th, so from the sounds of it, we should be alright. The following week is the week leading up to Memorial Day so I'm happy we won't be there then, although it doesn't sound at all busy like Easter is/was. Thanks so much guys!:number1:

Awesome! That's when we're going!! We love it in May....lower crowds and great weather. We'll be at WL for 10 days...our longest stay ever! I'm crossing my fingers :fingers: that Star Wars Weekends will be in May 2008....this year, it was in June due to the 30th Anniversary celebrations. :yoda: Hope to see you there!!

Von-Drake
10-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I have been in late April before and the crowds and weather were great. So much so we are planning another trip this coming April.

McGoofy
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
We were just there this past May 6-12, 2007. The first few days were gorgeous. We even wanted a little light weight jacket in the evening. However, the last few days, it seemed hot to us. The crowds were not too bad. We only used fastpass on the major attractions. Most rides didn't have any longer than a 20 minute wait. I think most kids were still in school at this time. Although, we did see quite a bit of school groups that were on field trips or something.

KylesMom
10-08-2007, 12:43 PM
May is our family's favorite time to visit Disney World. Unfortunately we can't pull DS out of school for two weeks, so we haven't been in May for awhile.

It was our experience that crowds were much less than in June/July. Note that it is quite warm, but as long as you keep hydrated all is good! :mickey: