PDA

View Full Version : What to do with extra day?

momof3+twins
10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
We are getting a 6 day park hopper since it is only 10 more for the whole family. But, we like to have a down day at the hotel to swim and go to the Marketplace. We want to use 5 days for full day type touring. But, on our day off we would like to go into one of the theme parks for a special reason (the 6th day). I was thinking for dining or fireworks. Does anyone have any other ideas? Nothing that takes too long maybe in the evening. Thanks:mickey:

Darbylew
10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
We enjoy going to DTD. We also like to save
sometime for a swim at the resort or maybe
a trip to one of the water parks. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
THIRTY ONE DAYS! :D

kim1st
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Where you are staying would make a difference.

When we stayed at WL, we used our "extra" day to hop over to MK on the day we arrived. Our flight got in around dinner time, so it was nearing parade time when we got to the park. We ate at Cosmic Rays, and rode the teacups like 3 times because there was no line. WE walked around a little and enjoyed the park at night, then we high tailed it for the boats before the fireworks got underway. We were on the boat on the way back to the resort for the fireworks - it was awesome! A really nice first night at Disney!

Kairi_7378
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
MK is a great suggestion. Another is to have a nice dinner then head over to MGM for Fantasmic.

momof3+twins
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas. I would have never of thought to go to a park on our first day. We normally get in late. But, we should be there by 5 this time. So, that could be exciting to just run into the Magic Kingdom to basically say hi. And the Fantasmic idea is something that I had thought of doing also. So, now I just need to make up my mind!:thumbsup:

Goofy Texan
10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Another option for your off day is Tom Sawyer Island. We never seem to find the time to go here during normal touring, but it is fun and would allow the kids to run off some steam. You could take the train around to the Frontier Land station so you won't tire out your feet.

The Island would also be great for your arrival day providing you get there early enough. It closes at dusk.

LovinWDW
10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
We always buy the annual pass due to the number of days we stay in a years time but, even with it we never do a park on the day we arrive. After checking into the resort we head to DTD or the Boarkwalk for a nice sit down meal and some time to walk around and stretch the legs. Get to bed at a decent hour so we can get up and hit it hard the following morning. I am a disney commando :D. If your really want to use a day on your ticket though I cant think of a better way than Wishes:thumbsup: Have comfort in knowing that whatever you choose, you can't go wrong.

17 more days!:mickey:

Speedy1998
10-08-2007, 10:07 PM
How about staking out a great viewing spot for illuminations and sending one member of your party off to get dinner. Than you can enjoy a picnic while you wait for illuminations.

EPCOT84
10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Illuminations or fireworks are nice but depending on your departure time the next day, rather than scrambling for an evening event on your final day and scurrying back in a crowded transportation system to the hotel to pack and rest up, if timing is right and there is a park open early that day, take in the experience of being there when the park opens and stroll around to take in the feel of the morning, the calm. It is a wonderful feeling