PDA

View Full Version : Exiting park after Fantasmic

BklynChick
10-07-2007, 11:18 AM
We have reserved seating for the Sunday 9pm showing and there are fireworks scheduled for 9:25pm that night. How do they get Fantasmic guests out of the park after the show? Do we have to go through Main Street with all the people watching the fireworks? Or is there an alternate route?

tinkwest
10-07-2007, 04:48 PM
One exit at Disneyland - Main Street USA.

NotaGeek
10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Most everyone will be watching fireworks so you can exit by walking on the sidewalk to the exit with no problem ... crowd control keeps the traffic moving on the sidewalk pretty well ... or, if you are a Disney expert you can walk through all the stores once you get to past the Carnation Cafe right to the front of the Fire House and right out the door.

if you are staying on property you can walk the back way through Fantasy Land to the Monorail and take the one-way trip to Downtown Disney and the DLR Hotels.

tinkwest
10-08-2007, 12:07 AM
...if you are staying on property you can walk the back way through Fantasy Land to the Monorail and take the one-way trip to Downtown Disney and the DLR Hotels.
Of course, you're right Michael!
:doh: How the heck did I forget about the Monorail?! :doh:

NotaGeek
10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Of course, you're right Michael!
:doh: How the heck did I forget about the Monorail?! :doh:

Well, we all did get really used to not using for those LONG months before the subs came back ... :mickey:

By the way ... off topic ... but have you ridden the subs yet Linda?

tinkwest
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
By the way ... off topic ... but have you ridden the subs yet Linda?

:nemo: Nope, not yet. :sad:

SignguyTom
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
if you are staying on property you can walk the back way through Fantasy Land to the Monorail and take the one-way trip to Downtown Disney and the DLR Hotels.

Our experience has been that they stop the monorail during the fireworks. I think the best bet is to get in line for the train at New Orleans Square and wait for the train. Even if you don't make it on the first one or two, it'll still be a lot less stress than fighting the crowds during and after the fireworks. :train:

Disney Babe
10-09-2007, 04:09 AM
I agree with the train idea. I think they stop the train during the fireworks too, but it would be very easy to just go get in line and hang out and wait. In my experience, it's absolutely stressful going anywhere at that time. You should be close enough to the NOS train station to cut down on most of the stress.

tinkwest
10-09-2007, 10:43 AM
If my goal is to get somewhere in particular in a decent amount of time, I would rather walk than take the train from New Orleans Square most times. The NOS Station is usually going to be your longest wait of any Station in the park. Very few passengers get off at this stop, leaving very few seats available to those standing in line. Also, remember that if you are wanting to get to the park exit, boarding the train will take you around the Rivers of America, to Toontown, to Tomorrowland, through the Grand Canyon, and finally to the Main Street Station. And, yes, I believe the DLRR does cease operations during the fireworks (maybe).

SignguyTom
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
If my goal is to get somewhere in particular in a decent amount of time, I would rather walk than take the train from New Orleans Square most times. The NOS Station is usually going to be your longest wait of any Station in the park. Very few passengers get off at this stop, leaving very few seats available to those standing in line. Also, remember that if you are wanting to get to the park exit, boarding the train will take you around the Rivers of America, to Toontown, to Tomorrowland, through the Grand Canyon, and finally to the Main Street Station. And, yes, I believe the DLRR does cease operations during the fireworks (maybe).

I agree that few people get off at this stop during the day, but after the fireworks/Fantasmic! people are generally getting off the train at the Main Street Depot to leave the park, leaving lots of seats at NOS. And, yes, I do believe the train stops during the fireworks...

WiLdOrCa
10-09-2007, 10:17 PM
We've always planned, if we are staying for Fantasmic, then we are planning to deal with the crowds! It never fails! And it never gets better and there really is no "fast" way out. The worst part is getting out of New Orleans Square, Adventureland and into Main Street. Once on Main Street, especially on the Adventureland side, it's pretty moveable to the front because of the stores. Like someone mentioned before, being able to sift through there. I've always found I can actually shop on my way out while the fireworks were going, because everyone else is "oooohing and aahhhhing"... ahaha! NOW.... if you were trying to get INTO the different lands, that is another story. I don't know if getting even to the Monorail is a good idea, because it's not easy to access during the fireworks either. I plan on staying on one side of the park or the other with the shows! We like to try to make things less stressful and plan our visits according to the bigger shows.
Like, for Fantasmic, we plan on spending alot of waiting time. We call it our "down time to watch people!" It's bring a book, get a drink and have some munchies and a blanket and grab out spot and relax. Then we "relax" after the show, and try to not be in a hurry, because it's no hurrying time to get out. Castmembers do an AWESOME JOB, considering the job they have!!!! I praise them for moving mass amounts of people the way they do. I never give them a hard time. They have the hardest job, sometimes worse then a traffic cop I'm sure!

Vickie :balloon: