PDA

View Full Version : Slight change in Resort Airline Check-in

CleveRocks
10-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Resort Airline Check-in (RAC) is the service at WDW owned-and-operated resorts that can be used by people on "participating airlines" to check-in for their flights and check their luggage through to their final destination on the day of their flights. It is like curbside check-in, only it's at your resort rather than at the airport.

It used to be that the minimum amount of time you could use this service before your flight was 3 hours, but as of 10/15/07 it will increase to 4 hours. Since the operating hours of RAC are 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., this means that if your flight home leaves before 9:00 a.m. you will no longer be eligible to use RAC. You can still ride the Disney's Magical Express bus back to the airport, but you'd have to take your luggage to the bus (and have the driver load it underneath).

Also, RAC is only a same-day operation. In other words, you can't use RAC today to check-in for an early flight tomorrow morning.

kim1st
10-07-2007, 08:12 AM
This is kind of a bummer. I remember I had to get up when it was still dark to check in for our flights as it was!!!! That is SUCH a convenient service.

luvdiznee
10-07-2007, 09:09 AM
It doesn't have to be exactly 4 hours before your flight leaves? Our flight for our next trip just got changed to leaving at 5:20 pm. So since they are only there until 1:00, if we go and do it at say 11:00 check out time that should be ok? We got to use this service on our last trip and loved it! :mickey:

CleveRocks
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
It doesn't have to be exactly 4 hours before your flight leaves? Our flight for our next trip just got changed to leaving at 5:20 pm. So since they are only there until 1:00, if we go and do it at say 11:00 check out time that should be ok? We got to use this service on our last trip and loved it! :mickey:4 hours before flight is the MINIMUM amount of time you are permitted to check-in by. You can do it as early as you want, as long as it's the same day.

ryca1dreams
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
This is just for RAC I take it and not for DME in general? We already spend too much time at the airport on the return trip. (I guess I shouldn't complain for a free service!)

Where did you see this anyway?

CleveRocks
10-07-2007, 08:29 PM
This is just for RAC I take it and not for DME in general? We already spend too much time at the airport on the return trip. (I guess I shouldn't complain for a free service!)

Where did you see this anyway?

Yes, this is just for RAC ... it has nothing at all to do with the scheduling of DME rides.

I found this out from a CM.