PDA

View Full Version : Ice Announcements

wizardmickey
10-07-2007, 01:32 AM
A lot to cover...
1) Only 20 until Disneyland!!!
2) The Jaccuzi I have mentioned elsewhere arrived early & was set up today! So I grilled burgers, lit up about half of my Tiki Torches, ran cable out to the deck, set up an ice bucket fulla good drinks and settled in to watch LSU spank the Gators! (NOTE: I'm not actually a football fan, but Lady Ice is VERY MUCH SO, so what baby wants...)
3) A local musican (all musicians here have either played with each other over the years, are in a band with someone who has played with someone you have played with over the years, or at least knows you socially) was in the wrong place Thursday when some nut-job with a gun went on a shooting spree in a lawyers office. Marty Thiels of Southern Breeze lost his life, as well as an ADA & 3 others were wounded. There was a 10 hour stand-off that closed off most of the downtown area here where I live and the reverberations are still being felt. As a matter of fact...
4) Marty and his band were scheduled to play an employee party at Union Pacific Steel Co. next Saturday, but naturally they can't now. We were asked if we could on such short notice and of course accepted. Yes, it'll be great pay & a chance to network, but we also feel like it's a chance to honor the memory of a great local musician.
And finally, speaking of music...
5) Y'all are getting this info even before we post it on our website: We've decided to change bass players, giving us exactly 3 practices to get our act together before our show next week! There were some issues between our guitarist & bassist that would be too difficult to explain here, and so he began looking for a replacement. So far, after just one practice, this guy has been able to not only play any of the songs from our list we've thrown at him, but play several that our other bassist had been having difficulty picking up.

chrisb26
10-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Woot for 20 days till Disneyland and Woot for early Jacuzzi!

Sorry to hear about that musician and other people that lost their lives :( :pixie: and prayers to their family.

Sounds like you possibly found a good replacement!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-07-2007, 02:05 AM
YAY DLR! :D :party:

Also :pixie: to those who had their loved ones lost.

Hopefully your new band member will go well! :pixie: for that too! :)

varcity
10-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Thank the big man it's not another power tool update... :mickey:

First off, I'm not excited about 20 days away yet. Actually, I'm excited I'm going, I'm not excited my arrangements are not made (with the exception of my dinner set for friday already). But hotel and whether I drive or fly, and if I have a companion or not is still undecided!!!! ARG. But, I still am going.

Waiting on an intercot invite into Ice man's jacuzzi... Is it hot, or cold? I can't tell, seems like Ice man's should be cold, but jacuzzi sounds hot? :mickey: And definite excitement for early!

My regards to those lost in the happenings with the ADA and musician.

And there's always room for a new bassist! Especially if he can rock harder than the previous bassist!!!! :beer: drink up, me hearty, enjoy the union pacific show!

WDWfanatic742
10-07-2007, 11:16 AM
settled in to watch LSU spank the Gators! (NOTE: I'm not actually a football fan, but Lady Ice is VERY MUCH SO, so what baby wants...)

Not really much a spanking as a good drive at the end with lots of 4th down conversions and stupidity on Meyer's part for not calling a timeout earlier near the goal line.

TinkRocks
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the musician's life. I'm sure he'll be missed, but I'm also sure the good times will be remembered in the stories y'all share...

Welcome to your new Relix bass player! I'm sure he'll have a blast with you guys. :rocker:

wizardmickey
10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
CORRECTION #1: Union Pacific Tank Car! That's the name of the company we will be performing for at their place. It is one of the newest and largest employers in our area, so we are expecting a huge turn out.
CORRECTION #2: Yes, I did slightly exhagerate the spanking the Tigers gave the Gators. In my estimation (which I've been told doesn't actually count!) the Tigers should not have won that game/did not deserve to based upon what I thought was a sloppy performance up until the end.

As for an invite to the Ice Jaccuzi: If certain people can ever make my way for a visit, then of course they have a standing invite! And yes, it is a "hot-tub" with jets & a therapuetic lounger along one side. It seats (comfortably) 4... maybe 5. There were a lot of much bigger tubs at the store, and I have seen (and been in) much smaller, but for what we wanted this was just the right size.

We haven't heard much else about the musician's death or that of the ADA except that apparently the guy who broke into the office building was a disgruntled man who'd lost a nasty divorce case that was handled through that office... so was he seeking revenge or just a nut-job? Guess we'll never really know as he ended up dead at the end of the stand-off. Whatever though, we plan to dedicate our show Saturday to Marty and his family & bandmates that are left behind as a result of this.

And our new bassist? The dude does indeed ROCK! Hope to have some pictures available after the show...