PDA

View Full Version : Our Dining Experience

DVC Mike
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
On 9/29, we had dinner at the Flying Fish Café (on the Boardwalk). I ordered the Potato-Wrapped Red Snapper and it was great! We were very happy with the food and service and look forward to dining here again.

On 9/30, we had dinner at the Kona Café (Polynesian). I ordered the Macadamia Mahi Mahi. While the food was great, the service we experienced was poor.

On 10/1, we had dinner at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge). I ordered the Cedar Plank Roasted King Salmon, which was great. I also had the Artist Point Cobbler for dessert. It was a great dining experience.

On 10/2, we had dinner at Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge). I ordered the Halibut, The food and service were excellent. We’ve dined at Jiko several times, and can highly recommend it.

On 10/3, we had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club). I ordered the Yachtsman Filet Mignon. It was great. We had a good time.

On 10/4, we had lunch at the Olivia’s (Old Key West). The service and food were good. I wouldn’t go out of your way to eat here, but it is convenient to those staying at OKW. We followed up with dinner at the Whispering Canyon Café (Wilderness Lodge), which was fun.

On 10/5, we had dinner at Spoodles (on the Boardwalk). I ordered the Pan-roasted Fillet of Red Snapper. The food and service were great.

Overall, we were very happy with the food and service provided by all the restaurants we ate at. Our only negative comments were about the service at the Kona Café.

My wife has several food allergies (gluten, soy, shellfish, strawberries, vinegar, and water melon) and is also a vegetarian. As usual, most of the restaurants were extremely accommodating. Only Kona Café prepared a dish she didn’t enjoy.

spinnerf
10-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Great reviews, I love the Yachtsmens Steakhousee too, I wish I had gone on my last trip.

Kairi_7378
10-06-2007, 09:04 PM
We ate at Artist Point on 10/1 as well! What time were you there? I hope that you missed the downpour that happened while we were trying to get to MK!

DVC Mike
10-07-2007, 04:50 PM
We ate at Artist Point on 10/1 as well! What time were you there? I hope that you missed the downpour that happened while we were trying to get to MK!

We had a 7:40pm ADR. It rained almost every day we were at WDW (9/29 - 10/6).

Kairi_7378
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
We must have just missed you. Our ADR was at 5:30, and we were seated at about 5:45. It rained every day of our stay 10-1 to 10-5 but we didn't let that dampen the Disney magic for us! (Although it came close when we took the boat ride to MK from WL).