PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW alone.

Magneto7
10-06-2007, 06:29 PM
This is my first post and I would like to start by thanking Intercot for helping me save over $500 on my trip for 10/20-10/25 at the POR resort. I have learned a lot I never would have learned by visiting this site.
Anyway, I have a couple of questions. Any opinions about the comedy clubs at Downtown Disney? Would it be worth my time (as 37 year old single traveler) to visit the DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park?
This will be my first time to WDW alone and only my second time since 1985. I have made all my dining reservations and have a rough plan of what I want to do, but I would like some other ideas from anyone who have gone alone or been on their own at Disney.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again to everyone at Intercot.

Strmchsr
10-06-2007, 07:10 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

You'll have a great time on your own. DisneyQuest is worth it IF you're a big fan of video games. Granted, DisneyQuest is a super souped-up version of video games, but if you don't like them to begin with, skip DisneyQuest.

All of the Pleasure Island clubs are fairly enjoyable. The comedy club almost always has good folks, so that should be enjoyable for you.

If you haven't already seen it, I suggest you go here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/single.asp) in Info Central and check out our entire section on single travelers.

NLODisney
10-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I have gone on several alone trips to DW and always have a great time. I usually go to Disney Quest because I do like alot of the video games they have and I usually seem to have extra time to spend there because when I travel solo I am able to get so much done in the parks I feel like I have extra time to enjoy there. Hope you have a great trip!

RockChalkKimball
10-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Definately try out the Comedy Club. We took our kids and it was really fun. I think you will have a great time going alone. I hope to get to do that sometime soon. My family gets tired of me whining about wanting to go, so I hope one of these days they cough up the money so I can!!

ryca1dreams
10-07-2007, 02:42 PM
First of all, I wanted to add a little bit. DQ has more than just what you think of as video games. Sure it has them - both new and old ("Classics" from the 80s like I remember). But there are also a lot of interactive games on a grand scale and cool virtual reality games. The Priates of the Caribbean game is really neat - though you'll need to find a party to team up with.

Second, I always go with my family - except for once. That time, I spent a lot of time talking to other people (cast members and vacationers) and finding out what they were doing. Plus, you can do what you want to do at your pace. I think you'll have fun.

Vintage Disney
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
:party:Welcome to Intercot!:mickey:

I haven't been to the Comedy Clubs or DQ but I have traveled to WDW alone and I had a great time. You never are really alone because there is always someone to talk to while waiting in line and talking with CM's can be very interesting.

sillyolbear
10-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Welcome!

I can't comment on DQ, but have gone solo a couple of times. It is nice to be able to have the freedom of going where you want to go when you want to go.

I found cast members to be very friendly when I was alone and the dining cast members were particularly great.

Have fun!