PDA

View Full Version : Flying into San Diego

Beckybalz
10-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Not sure if this post is in the right place, but we have decided to fly into the San Diego airport and spend a day or two exploring that area before moving on to DL. I just have a couple questions: Can anyone recommend a hotel that is clean and safe in an area close to either the airport or the zoo? Also, I know that the rental car companies are not on-site at this airport...so which company should I choose that would be the least hassle to get to? Thanks!

NotaGeek
10-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Car companies have complimentary shuttles to their facilities, so any company is the same. just a bus ride. If you pick a hotel downtown I say Tthe Marriott at the Yacht Club Good rates and great location. Everything is driveable in San Diego. Otherwise there's a hotel zone and with a little research from there it's also very easy to get to Sea World, the Zoo etc.

You can take the train right to Anaheim and it's a beautiful and short journey if you want to save he drive. There is a shuttle that picks up at the station that goes to the DLR or a cab is less than $20.

Good luck.