PDA

View Full Version : Its all about the food!

butterfly18237
10-06-2007, 09:44 AM
We are on the dining plan and have reservations at every place we wanted them. So I was wondering what is your favorite appetizer, entree, and dessert,even a drink if you have a favorite of the places I picked?

1) Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner)
2) Hollywood and Vine Fantamic Package
(dinner)
3) Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner
4) Chef Mickey's (Breakfast)
5) Coral Reef (Dinner)
6) LeCellier (Dinner)

Another thing to add, If you have a favorite counter service let me know. And snacks
thats worth it. Thanks! :rocks::bar::santa3:

SimbaandNalasMama
10-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi! I haven't eaten at any of the above places except Le Cellier. You will get this response a lot, i bet....the Cheese Soup is a must must must!!

Had it 3 times just last week when we were there. It was easily accessible, because of Food and Wine going on.

mmmm mmmmm!!! :chef:

LibertyTreeGal
10-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I can only tell you about Whispering Canyon -- I had a dessert there and it was incredible. It was a fried tortilla sprinkled with cinnamon with ice cream inside and caramel and bananas all over it. Oh, it was heavenly :cloud9:

Jared
10-06-2007, 10:23 AM
The most popular dish at Whispering Canyon Cafe is the family-style skillet served in a huge metal man with enough food for everybody.

The meal starts with a green salad tossed with an apple vinaigrette and fresh cornbread. Next comes pulled pork ribs, pulled pork, pork sausage, roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, baked beans, corn on the cob and coleslaw.

Hollywood & Vine is a buffet, but all the food is solid. It's really no better or worse than any of the other traditional buffet restaurants like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. The dessert bar, however, is probably above average.

I'm trying Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time next Friday, but it's a family-style meal, so you don't order anything. Try everything because the servers will keep bringing food to your table until you're finished.

I don't have experience with the other three restaurants, but virtually everybody raves about the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier and the chocolate wave dessert at Coral Reef.

For counter service, my favorites at Columbia Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom and

luvdiznee
10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
(dinner)
5) Coral Reef (Dinner)
6) LeCellier (Dinner)

Another thing to add, If you have a favorite counter service let me know. And snacks
thats worth it. Thanks! :rocks::bar::santa3:

Coral Reef=Lobster Bisque, WCC=Breakfast Skillet and Dinner Skillet, LTT=Tavern Fried Cheese, LeCellier=Free Range Chicken and again WCC=Cinnamon Tortilla w/Vanilla Ice Cream :eat:I realize some of these meals aren't the ones you asked for but just wanted to throw in my favorites. :mickey:

amorillo
10-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Le Cellier:
-cheddar cheese soup
-mushroom filet mignon
-maple creme brulee

one of my best WDW dinners ever! I practically had to roll myself out of the restaurant!!!

I've never tried Whispering Canyon Cafe... and this February will be my first trip to Coral Reef.

Liberty Tree you don't pick your meal... I didn't really care for the salad dressing the rest of the meal is like a Thanksgiving dinner... and everthing was yummy!! Hollywood & Vine is a buffet... definitely one of the better dessert selections! Chef Mickey's is another buffet... my son loves the breakfast pizza!

And I have to agree with Disney_nut.. Columbia Harbour House at MK is one of our favorite counter service restaurants... along with Flame Tree BBQ at AK!!

drhama
10-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Had a mango smoothy at WC. Sooo good.

kim1st
10-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Columbia Harbor House was definitely our favorite CS at MK.

We hated the CS restaurant in Japan at Epcot...maybe we just ordered the wrong food, but it was like the food court at the mall.

We also liked Flame Tree at AK & Cosmic Rays at MK.

:eat:

#1donaldfan
10-07-2007, 09:10 AM
CS meal.....

AK.....Pizzafari !!
MK....Cosmic Rays or Columbia Harbor House
Epcot.....Yorshire Fish Shoppe....actually I can't remember it's "official" name....it's at the beginning of the UK......it's the best Fish and Chips anywhere..
MGM...ABC commissary

GreenBeetle
10-07-2007, 10:13 AM
(dinner)
5) Coral Reef (Dinner)
6) LeCellier (Dinner)

1) Sorry, never been there.
2) No complaints about anything on the buffet.
3) Love, love, love LTT for dinner. We never miss it. Salad dressing is especially delicious. The character interaction here is great too.
4) Never miss this one either. Breakfast buffet is great. Characters here are awesome as well.
5) Not a fan of Coral Reef. I felt the menu was pretty limited - maybe it has changed recently.
6) Very enjoyable. Cheddar cheese soup . . . yum! I can't comment on steaks etc. since I don't eat meat (but the rest of my family was quite happy with theirs). But I did enjoy the shrimp dinner.

I think you made great choices. Have fun!

mulderxcoltrane
10-07-2007, 12:36 PM
The most popular dish at Whispering Canyon Cafe is the family-style skillet served in a huge metal man with enough food for everybody.

The meal starts with a green salad tossed with an apple vinaigrette and fresh cornbread. Next comes pulled pork ribs, pulled pork, pork sausage, roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, baked beans, corn on the cob and coleslaw.
We have been told by several people that WCC no longer serves sausage in the skillet, it has been replaced by shrimp. We're eating there in December and my husband is very disappointed!

We ate at LTT last year and everyone loved it. It is "Thanksgiving dinner" food, but very good. The characters are really attentive too- they were each at our table at least twice.

Chef Mickey's is also really good. It's a really fun environment- we're going there in December to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday.:birthday:

As far as counter service goes, we love anything with a fixin's bar!:thumbsup:

LovinWDW
10-07-2007, 01:15 PM
I have two words for you at Le Cellier:

MUSHROOM FILET!

jedigrrrl
10-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Le Cellier: Cheese Soup with Pretzel bread and Maudite Beer

butterfly18237
10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks Everyone! I cant wait to try all the new places out. :mickey:

If you have any Counter service or snack that are worth it let me know. and keep your favorite dishes coming.

tinkerbell04
10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by butterfly18237
(dinner)
5) Coral Reef (Dinner)
6) LeCellier (Dinner)

1.WCC-Appetizer-Chicken wings. Entree- Roasted Chicken and Dessert the Cinnamon Tortilla. Also, a LARGE iced tea
2. Can'thelp here :)
3. Family Style Thanksgiving Dinner
4. Buffett-Never been for breaksfast
5. Coral Reef-App-Ceasar Salad-Entree-Top Sirloin and Dessert-Chocolate Wave
6. LeCellier- I am going against the grain here....the mussels for an appetizer, the filet with themaple bar-b-que sauce and the creme brulee

For CS, we love the Columbia Harbor House. We also love Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, Pizzafari in AK, Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, Roaring Forks in WL.

Snacks:cloud9:----Let's see....popcorn, ice cream, fudge, candy apples, caramel apples, anything for Goofy's Candy Shop, Frozen cokes and lemonade

Have a great trip :mickey:

Disneyfirsttimer
10-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I have two words for you at Le Cellier:

MUSHROOM FILET!

:ditto:!!!!!

laprana
10-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I can only comment on WCC and LeCellier...mark me down as another vote for the Cinnamon Tortilla at WCC and the mushroom filet at LeCellier. One of the best steaks I've ever had!:tasty:

Some good CS places are Pecos Bill's in MK, Captain Cooks at the Poly, and Boardwalk Bakery at the Boardwalk. All have really good food, and the resort locations seem to have a better variety of food than the CS places in the parks.

For a snack, you gotta get a Dole Whip! Yummmmmm!!!

llamaface
10-12-2007, 04:02 PM
I can only tell you about Whispering Canyon -- I had a dessert there and it was incredible. It was a fried tortilla sprinkled with cinnamon with ice cream inside and caramel and bananas all over it. Oh, it was heavenly :cloud9:

Me too - I loved it!!!

AdventurerKim
10-13-2007, 10:10 AM
We've only been to Le Cellier recently, and everything we get there is great! Definitely get the cheese soup! If they have surf n' turf, my DH highly recommends that! I love their creamed cheese mashed potatoes! :thumbsup: It's been several years since we went to Libery Tree although we're going there on our Nov. trip, and seven years since going Hollywood and Vine. Last time was for Thanksgiving dinner which was good, and they had a fantastic dessert selection. My DH got a huge ice cream sundae with sprinkles and many toppings, and a kid sitting near us was jealous and told his mom he wanted a sundae just like that. That was hilarious! :mickey: