PDA

View Full Version : How hot can it be at WDW in August? Sizzling is the right word! Day 5 at MK

Mom2princesses
10-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Our last day at Disney – Aug 29th – Day 5 – It’s a Magic Kingdom day!

Well today we decided to sleep in a little later but we were all up and ready to go quickly. You start to get the routine down after a few days. We decided to skip breakfast and pick up something at the park instead. It was Little Ones Extra Magic Hours. So off to the monorail we went. We got to the MK about 8:30. Didn’t make it all that early but it was early enough. We were going to stop by the Main Street Bakery for breakfast I had heard so many great reviews about it. Well we go to the Bakery and it was closed. Not open yet for LOEMH. So instead we head off to fantasy land and catch a ride on Dumbo! This time my two girls ride together. Now this is taking a chance because you see even though there are 7 years between them they still manage to fight. You all know the don’t touch me … you’re touching me… MOM she is touching me type of fighting. Ugh! When I had Ariel I tried to have a second child one year after I had her. But nothing was working. Well after 7 years of heartbreak of not getting pregnant my dreams came true and I had my little Diva. I’ll never forget the first time Ariel came to the hospital to see her baby sister for whom she waited so long to meet. Here is the picture that was taken at the hospital the day she came to meet her little sister (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Last%20Day%20at%20MK/BeccaandSami.jpg). I had tears running down my cheeks seeing that great big smile. LOL look at her hair! My sister-in-law had no idea how to deal with curly hair and it shows in this picture. She was staying with them until I got home from the hospital.

So you would think that waiting so long for her sister they would get along. Now they love each other and miss each other if they are not together. The problem occurs when they are together! Poking, pushing, complaining. :rolleyes: All of you with more than one child know exactly what I’m talking about. Anyhow back to the Dumbo ride. They wanted to ride together. I rode on the Dumbo in front of them (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Last%20Day%20at%20MK/family_dumbo.jpg)so that I could give them the evil eye if things got out of hand. But thank goodness they behaved themselves and it was actually really cute to see them enjoying the ride together. A Hallmark moment!

After Dumbo we decided to pick up some muffins and orange juice and my little Diva wanted a pretzel. Well it had cream cheese inside so it was close to a bagel! J My dh was :pout: pouting because the bakery was not openned yet and he didn’t get anything. Oh well he will survive. After we finished our very unhealthy breakfast we decided to head over to Splash Mountain. So off we went. There was no wait! Yippee! We got on and Cindy went with daddy while Ariel and I rode in the seat behind them. We got SOAKED! Not from the big drop but from the cannon that splashes the heck out of you when another log comes down. Oh well it was hot so it actually felt good! Cindy wanted to do it again. But instead we had another mountain to go on and that was right next door. Yep it was time for Thunder Mountain. Once again there was a short wait. No need for a FP so we wait on the standby line and made it on within 15 mins. It was lots of fun although Cindy didn’t appreciate this one at all. She was fine on it but she made it clear that she would NOT go back on that again. :nono:

Next stop was the Country Bear Jamboree. Yes it is corny but it is WDW. I remember going to see it when I was younger. We all enjoyed the show and the air conditioning too!Cindy really enjoyed it! Here is a picture of my girls waiting for the show to start. (http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/Mom2princesses_2007/Last%20Day%20at%20MK/waitingforCountryBears.jpg) I was also in this picture but I was completely soaked from Splash Mountain so I croped mysself out of it. Ahhh digital pics are wonderful! After this we headed off to POTC. I could not wait to see the new changes. Like every other red-blooded woman I just love Jack Sparrow. So this ride was definitely for mommy! It was a short enough wait around 15 minutes maybe 20 at the most. We had a ball and Jack looked simply MAVAHLOUS! So after the POTC we headed back to take a ride on Aladdin’s magic carpets. Cindy just loved this and Dumbo. She loved to make them go bouncy. So much fun to go bouncy! :sick: Ugh! I rather ride on Everest!

After Aladin’s carpet ride it was around so we decided to make our way up Main Street and do some shopping :spend: as we headed back to the Poly for an afternoon swim in the Volcano pool. I picked up a sweat shirt jacket for me and Ariel and a shirt for Cindy.
I also got Cindy the Cinderella picture frame where we will put the great picture of the two of them. Ariel picked out something else and I grabbed a bunch of magnets for coworkers and friends. Dh picked up some Disney golf supplies for our neighbors who were dog sitting for us. So up Main Street we go and we picked up two of the Mickey/Minnie balloons. :minnie:Ariel has one from her first trip still hanging on her wall. I deflate them at the end of our trips and then pack them into the suitcase. Then I taped them to the wall. Now Cindy has one in her room and Ariel has two.

When we got back to the Poly we all changed into our suits and the girls were so excited to go and swim in the Volcano pool. So off we go. This pool was much more crowded then the quiet pool we visited the other day and to my surprise it was not as deep either. I think the deep end was 4.5 foot. It was over 6 ft at the quiet pool.

The zero entry was wonderful Cindy loved it and Ariel loved the slide. What is great about Ariel is that she is a competitive swimmer she knows how to swim really well so I don’t have to worry about her in a pool. Cindy is on the verge of swimming close but not yet there. My dh took Cindy down the slide with him twice before we the life guard told us we couldn’t do that so that was it for the slide and Cindy but she was happy enough to do it two times. After a while I got out and picked up some snacks and drinks for us. I got the girls some fantastic smoothies and mommy got a Pina Colava. YUMMY! Nothing better than sitting poolside with a nice tropical drink.:lei: My dh didin’t want one at first but after he tasted mine he went up to the bar and got one for himself. We had grabbed a table near the beach side of the pool which was also close to the poolside bar. After a while the sky started to darken. You could see the storm heading towards us. They closed down the pool and the wind started to kick up. So we packed up and headed back to the Poly to shower and get dressed. Cindy was very upset and started to cry. She kept saying mommy I don’t want to leave the party! :funny: She thought the pool was a big party. Well I guess in a way it was.

Next installment - Our return back to the MK and dinner with Minnie at the LTT.

Day 1 - has index to all other days (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114553)

faline
10-16-2007, 07:51 PM
What is now the "quiet pool" at the Poly used to be the main pool there. It actually is my favorite pool as it is usually quieter than the other!

So far, it's been a very nice day!

adoptionislove
01-04-2008, 11:48 PM
WOW!!

Your review is making me want to go NOW and not wait till march!!

pdrlkr
01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
:thumbsup: