PDA

View Full Version : I just got back and...

Marker
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Now I've got those just got back ain't got no trip planned and I dunno when I'm going back to Walt Disney World blues.......... how 'bout you? :sob:

kakn7294
10-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Until the past few years, it didn't bother me that much - I just knew that I wasn't going back for a few years and that was that. Recently though, things were different and I know exactly what you mean. We went in Sept '05 and were home for a week when we decided to plan again. We went in Dec '06 and made plans for the next trip while we were still there - the Bounce Back program. I was starting to get a little anxious about this past Aug trip because I knew there was nothing after that - I was getting depressed even before the trip even happened. But we talked about another trip and even without definate plans yet, things are looking much better. I don't need anti-depressants, I just need to be planning a Disney trip! Hopefully you'll be getting over your blues soon too!

Tink#64
10-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I feel that way after every trip! WDW is definitely addictive!:mickey:
For some crazy reason we took this year off to do something other than WDW for vacation! We're all suffering from withdrawals & now DH is just starting a new job & we can't plan a trip until next fall! I just want to know when we're going back for sure & start planning & my countdown. Sound crazy? I know!:blush:

krose78
10-05-2007, 03:58 PM
We are going in December for Christmas and I know it will be magical but I also know once it is over I don't know when we are going back.:( That is really hard because we used to go every year but it is too hard with my kids and my husband both in school.

mjm
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually, I've got those "When will I be able to go back blues"! It's been 6 years now! :cry:

I always envy the people who can go back every few years.

But, we went on the last trip knowing it would be a while before we'd be able to go back and it was so long that when we got back it took a while just to recuperate. So, I didn't actually start getting the blues for a few weeks.

Even so, I can fully appreciate what you're going through.

Hang in there!:mickey:

mttafire
10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Thats why i like Intercot so much. It makes the in between time go by if not faster at least MORE enjoyable. For me, I also have withdrawl from Disney. WE LOVE IT!!! Intercot has become a vital part of our Disney planning.:thumbsup:

TBY2225
10-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Just got back too and DH and I started planning our next trip while we were still there! We took advantage of the bounceback for next year, so now I can just start planning for then!

luvdiznee
10-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Just got back too. And even though going back soon, still got some blues..:mickey:

cal5755
10-05-2007, 06:07 PM
I have been there before. It will pass my friend.. and intercot will make it easier :mickey:

This past september was the first time I didnt get sad leaving because we booked the bounce back trip for next year. That was exciting enough.. but now I am going back this november too with mom.

I am sure i will be singing the disney blues next september though.. DH will never do 3 years in a row.

My name is Cheryl and I am a Disney - a - holic. And yes I am so very proud of it!! HEE HEE HEE

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I am in the same boat. We have only been home three weeks and I miss it already.
We have gone every year for the past ten years. DH thinks we should take next year off from WDW and try somewhere else to vacation.
:drama:

We will see who wins this debate!! :thedolls:

Jeff G
10-06-2007, 12:51 AM
:hi: My name is Jeff and I to suffer from the same symptoms, it's time I come forward and admit I have a Disney World obsession. Seriously, I go through the same feelings and am glad to know others do as well. The actual trip is only a part of the WDW experience for my family. We count down together for several months and during the last few weeks my son announces how many days every morning. So when our trip is over there is definatley a little something in our life missing. In the past we have never been sure if we were going back until tax time and not knowing if or when we'll get back just adds to the blues.

At least we have Intercot to help fester our obsession and buy time between trips.

SimbaandNalasMama
10-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Just back 4 days ago and still very very blue.:(

I am like all of you, plotting my next escape to the World! I can't stop talking about it, thinking about it, staring at my pics, looking at park maps, coming to Intercot....One week ago today, i was heading toward MK to get pics with jack sparrow...now all i have to look forward to is WORK :ack: hehe.

Well, as hubby says, we work to live, not live to work. so, work pays for playing at Disney. guess i shouldnt complain...BUT I MISS DISNEY!

whew, sorry. i knew i could unload and you all would understand :D

MickeyandTink
10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Just got back too and DH and I started planning our next trip while we were still there! We took advantage of the bounceback for next year, so now I can just start planning for then!

So did we. A few months ago, when we first started planning for our trip last month, we figured we would not go back for 3-4 years. After all, neither DW or I had been to WDW in over 15 years and nearly that long since we went to DL.

However, as the trip got closer, we decided we might have to move up that timeframe. When we found out about the free dining bounceback for next year thanks to Intercot :rocks:, we decided to go ahead and book for next September.

We may end up having to cancel, but it sure makes satisfying the disney fix a lot easier just having a date to plan off of. :mickey: