PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews from Recent trip

spinnerf
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey heres what we thought of where we ate...

Rainforrest Cafe DTD - surprisingly the food was great, just had burgers but was about the best burger I had during the trip. We waited about 20 minutes for a table and the bill for 2 adults and a child was about $50.

50s Prime time Cafe - No ADR just walked in, servers were great and very attentive. I had the meat loaf, it was served called as were my vegetables and potatoes, we were there at noon, couldnt understand why it would be cold. The cheese on my daughters chicken parm was not melted either. Wasnt happy with the food.

Crystal Palace - had an ADR for luch, food and service was excellent, place is chaotic but we expected that. We had a great time.

Marakesh - no ADR, walked in. My chicken couscous was great, wifes Beef shish kabob was kind of bland, my daughter had a kids meal, with one beer dinner total was $120 including tip (ouch). The floor show was good but short. The kids loved the dancing.

Bier Garden - no ADR, walked in. My favorite meal, food and beer was excellent. The floor show has been changed since my last visit 2 years ago and I loved as did my 4 y/o.

Raglan Road - no ADR walked in, in my opinion this wait staff is among the most professional and helpful in Disney. I had the Pattys Pork and I would highly reccommend it. For 4 adults and one child with 2 appetizers, 4 entrees, one kids meal and 4 alcoholic bevarages, $170 with tip and was worth it!

Garden Grill - no ADR walked in for lunch. Excellent service with a very attentive waiter. The food was better than I remebered it to be and the characters were great. Very pleasant dining experience and a relaxing break from the throngs of people rushing to Soarin.

vicster
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Sounds like my kind of trip - no ADRs. I hate planning that far in advance about where to eat. We like to decide that day and it depends on what park we're in.

DessertDivaFL
10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Thank you for posting your reviews.

$50 for two adults and a child? :( I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere.

spinnerf
10-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah the $50 at the rainforrest probably included a beer or 2, it was our first lunch, so yeah I think I did enjoy the scenery. Cheers!

Jenemmy
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow -- good to know that it is still possible to just walk in to meals without an ADR. I honestly thought that was a thing of the past! Thanks for the reviews!

amorillo
10-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Very surprised to hear about your meal at 50's prime time! :( That is usually one of my favorite meals.

KarenP
10-06-2007, 01:06 PM
I enjoyed your reviews. Sounds like you had really good meals overall. Too bad about 50's. No excuse for cold food.

Jared
10-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Glad to hear you had some good dining experience. I'm especially happy to read you tried popular restaurants without making Advance Dining Reservations.