PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwich review

TBY2225
10-05-2007, 09:10 AM
We got dinner to go from Earl of Sandwich in DTD on Wednesday 9-26. We were on the dining plan. It was around 7:30pm and the place was packed out the door! The line really moves fast and they have an excellent system of ordering and filling orders. I was in and out in 15 minutes or so. I did notice that there was no seating available and lots of people were walking around looking for a place to sit. The drink station was chaos! I didn’t like the fact that you could only get a fountain drink. I was in line with just my DS22mos and he was in a stroller. I had a hard time carrying drinks and food while pushing his stroller. I also didn’t like the fact that it only came with a sandwich, a dessert, and drink, but no side – that is until we got back to the Pop Century and started eating! It was so good and so filling that I didn’t even have room for the dessert – we just saved them for later! I got the Florentine. It was chicken, spinach and sauce, and it was really good. I loved the bread! DH got the Scudetto. It had Italian meats and cheese. He really liked his too! I got us both the cupcake tops for dessert. DD and DS shared a meal from the Pop food court. I would definitely get sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich again, but only to go – it was much too crowded for me! Total cost if OOP $ 17.90

Laura670
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the review I've never tried Earl of Sandwich and always wondered how it was.....maybe I'll try it in Dec...Thanks!

goofysbabe
10-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I really liked this place too! I've only eaten there once and will go back when I go "home" again. I love the bread too:thumbsup:, I'm like you not enough seating - it was very croweded the day we were there too.

BugeyedMuggy
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I didn’t like the fact that you could only get a fountain drink.

We asked and were able to get bottled water with our sandwich even tho it said fountian drink on the board & they had no problem with that.

Momof2boys
10-05-2007, 11:02 AM
We love Earl of Sandwich - hubby gets the Beef n Bleu and I alternate between the meatball & the tuna. Even the boys love the sandwiches. And even though the line always looks long, it really goes by quickly.

Jared
10-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Everybody raves about Earl of Sandwich, but I'll probably never try it. We rarely go to Downtown Disney and won't make a special trip just for a quick lunch.

Seriously, though, is it that much better than Cosi or Atlanta Bread Company?

DessertDivaFL
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I am so glad I read these posts. I have never ate at Earl of Sandwich because everytime I try I see a huge line. I had no idea the line moves that quickly. I guess I have no more excuses. Earl of Sandwich, here we come!

tomorrowschild
10-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks again for a great review. We love Earl of Sandwich. I always get the All American. I agree with you on the seating situation, I find that at busy times (and even not so busy times) it is very hard to get a table.

luvdiznee
10-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the review. We have always wanted to try EOS but between getting to DTD and hearing of the crowds we just never did it. But glad to hear that the lines move at a good pace. If and when we do go there we will be getting to go, also. :mickey:

SgtTigger
10-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the review..........

I cant wait for my cannonballs sandwich in November......

:cop: :tigger:

EeyoresBestFriend
10-05-2007, 08:00 PM
No,no,no. . .spread the rumors about long slow lines. That way less people will know about how good it is and it could be a secret !!:secret:
Love it and can't wait to have my Caprese again next spring. Guess we've been lucky - we haven't had problems getting a seat.
Haven't had any thing there that was not tasty!!

KarenP
10-06-2007, 03:51 PM
The chicken and spinach sandwich sounds good! What are cupcake tops?

tinksmom02
10-06-2007, 10:18 PM
We were there a day after you--on Thursday! After Jenna got her BBB done, we headed over there for lunch. DH had the Scudetto, I had the Caprese, and Jenna had the grilled cheese. She was out of CS credits by this time, so I just paid for her sandwich OOP and she shared my lemonade. We got a cookie and a brownie for dessert (which we actually saved for the plane ride home).

SOOOOOO goooodd!!! I always want to order something new, but the Caprese is just too good to not have! Jenna's grilled cheese was pretty tasty, too!

I admit, I wouldn't make a special trip to DTD just to go to EOS, but seeing as how we're always at DTD at least 2x each trip, we always manage to make our way over there!

Disdude
10-07-2007, 12:38 AM
We just got home from a week in WDW and I think we ate there 4 times. Partly because the sandwiches are great and partly because every place else was packed with the free dining. We've eaten there once or twice every trip.

I was on a mission to get something different each time and I was not disappointed with any choice. My wife stuck with the Caprese (Mozzarella, Basil, and Tomato, and Balsamic Vinegar) each time.

DisneyDudet
10-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Ever since we discovered this place, its been a staple with us. The prices have certainly gone up, with the Dining Plan to thank. We eat there often, and usually share 2 sandwiches b/w the three of us, and each get a tomato soup (to die for!). By that time, we're full, and usually have food leftover!

They have the best sandwiches I've ever had! I love the Chicken Salad (they weren't carrying it in Jan, do they have it again?) and the All American!

You can also get tea, but they don't have it at the refilling station.