PDA

View Full Version : Tangierine Cafe review

TBY2225
10-05-2007, 09:09 AM
We ate at Tangierine Café in the Morocco pavilion at Epcot on Tuesday 9-25. We were on the dining plan. It was around 12:30. It wasn’t busy at all, whish was good because there isn’t much seating and it was kind of cramped in there! The food was really good. DH and I got a lamb/chicken platter to share. It consisted of lamb and chicken cooked much like gyro meat, pita bread, hummus, tabouli, and couscous. It was very large and plenty for us to share! DD got chicken fingers, and fries. We both were given baklava for dessert; there are no other dessert options. I love baklava, but it would have been nice to have a choice of desserts, especially for the kids. I do like that they prepared the food in front of you so you could ask for more or less sauce or to change something in the order. Also they prepared the kids meal right after we ordered it so we had to wait about 5 extra minutes on that. It really was a good and different meal. Total cost if OOP $ 28.29

dog-ears
10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
It is nice to see a review of this little cafe - we have stopped there a couple times in the past and I think it is often overlooked and underrated.

MauiMouse
10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I ate here finally back in March of this year, and then last month as well. I agree with you it's a hidden gem. I'll definitely go back. I also want to try Restaurant Marrakesh at some point too. :thumbsup:

MickeyandTink
10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
We ate at Tangierine Café in the Morocco pavilion at Epcot on Tuesday 9-25. We were on the dining plan. It was around 12:30. It wasn’t busy at all, whish was good because there isn’t much seating and it was kind of cramped in there! The food was really good. DH and I got a lamb/chicken platter to share. It consisted of lamb and chicken cooked much like gyro meat, pita bread, hummus, tabouli, and couscous. It was very large and plenty for us to share!

We ate there on 9/28 for lunch and had the same platter. DW and I split it and it was plenty. All of it was excellent. The only complaint would be not enough tzaziki sauce. Definitely will be eating there again next time.

cperry92380
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear about this place. We already have ADRs for Marrakesh, but I thought I'd like to try the CS too.
Thanks! Sounds yummy!!!

Caroleh
10-08-2007, 09:43 PM
We ate there last year and loved the food. My DH also shared that same platter. We will probably use one of our counter service credits for there again in Dec.

Jared
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
My family loves Mediterranean food but was unimpressed with Restaurant Marrakesh. Perhaps we'll try Tangierine Cafe next trip.

:tasty:

Tick-Tock
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM
We love Tangierine Cafe. The pita bread there was one of the best things we had this last trip (which is saying a lot, since there were the F&W booths and we ate at Boma too).

Polynesian Dweller
10-08-2007, 11:33 PM
We love this cafe as well. There's a bit more seating around the front that people don't seem to use as much as that at the entrance. We will be going there next week for sure.

Restaurant Marakesh is Ok, we didn't fall in love with it, but theTangierine Cafe is very good and gives you a good taste of what's in the restaurant.