PDA

View Full Version : Less Restaurants for 2008 DDP

duck51
10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Today I compared 2007 and 2008 Restaurant lists for the Disney Dining Plan and there are several restaurants dropped from the list. At Epcot there are only 12 of the 23 still on the list. Others were dropped, too. Only one restaurant, Cap'n Jack's is listed for the entire Downtown Disney area.

But interestingly, while making a reservation today, I was told that Disney is still taking reservations for the Japanese restaurant Teppanyaki (soon to be called Teppan Edo) for 2008. When I told the reservationist that it wasn't listed on the 2008 brochure right on the Disney web site, she said she didn't know about that but they still are including that restaurant for reservations for the Dining Plan.

Soooooo my question to you is this: Has Disney, in the past, updated the DDP restaurant list brochure after first posting it on their site months before the next year?

Thanks!
129 days to go--for February 2008 :donald:

Figment!
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT :hi:, Glad you're here :)

Soooooo my question to you is this: Has Disney, in the past, updated the DDP restaurant list brochure after first posting it on their site months before the next year?Yep.

The listing that comes out Late Summer/Early Fall is only a partial list for the following year.

Previously, the listing has been updated closer to the start of the following year.

Currently, there is no expectation of significant changes to the participating line-up of Disney Dining Plan locations for 2008.

Deesdisney
10-04-2007, 10:36 PM
I guess they do cause I called on a few rest. for next year and they said that it has not been signed but they are expecting them to. What ever that means so I made res. and she said in Dec. to call and make sure they have been added.

vamaggie
10-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I guess they do cause I called on a few rest. for next year and they said that it has not been signed but they are expecting them to. What ever that means so I made res. and she said in Dec. to call and make sure they have been added.

I believe I read on another post that many of the restaurants that are not "Disney" have agreements (signed contracts) that they agree to participate in the DDP. My guess is that many of those contracts come up for renewal around Jan 1 so would be "signed" closer to that date.

nana2317
10-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I just made ADR's for our trip in February 2008. I based them on what was listed in the dining plan. There are some restaurants I would have liked to reserve at, but they were not on the 2008 dining plan at this time. If more restaurants open up, will they add them to the printed dining plan or will I have to check on each one individually ?

TheRustyScupper
10-05-2007, 05:15 PM
1) The negotiations with non-Disney eateries is complicated.
2) This happened last year.
3) But, one person told me it is even more difficult this year.
4) The eateries have been complaining about "their take".
5) Now, Disney increased the price of the DDP by 24%.
6) The eateries want THEIR share. *
7) It will be interesting to see how many do or don't come back.

* Due to the amount of reimbursements, many restaurants have changed their menus and "standardized" the menu items (dumbed them down). There have been lots of complaints from guests. The eateries want more money to be able to right this wrong.