PDA

View Full Version : Music from the parks: Any favorites?

century3
10-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I was listening to a bit of music from the theme parks and started thinking about the number of wonderful songs from various attractions and places in WDW. I have my favorites, of course. I tend to like the instrumental music from attractions, so some of my favorites are the score from Ellen’s Energy Adventure, Impressions de France and Space (formerly from Horizons). The music from the star tunnel portion of the queue into Space Mountain also ranks up there on my list.

I’m curious to know, what music does everyone else enjoy from the parks?

jwallace378
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm a fan of the music they play outside in Future World. I also like the music from the old Tapestry of Nations parade.

wedway76
10-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm a fan of the music they play outside in Future World.

:ditto:

Whenever I think of Disney ambient music I think of the Music in Future World. It is my favorite.

threeh
10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Mee too!!! I love future world music. I have a loop from Innoventions, sometimes I almost feel like I'm back walking thru the park at night. I also LOVE the music they play on the WDW today station in the rooms. I love listening to that too!!!:thumbsup:

Bringonthemouse!
10-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I love hearing the music that plays down Mainstreet at MK. :cloud9:

TKDONALD
10-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I like the music that they play on a loop on Main Street.

tomorrowschild
10-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I am very lucky to have a techy brother. He has found tones of Disney BGMs.

He has been kind enough to put them on my MP3 player for me.

Here are a few of my favs:

- 2006 Entrance Loop- EPCOT
- BGM from outside The Great Movie Ride
- BGM from Sunset Boulavard
- Entance BGM- Magic Kingdom

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Soarin'. I like the ride music as well as the queue music.

Pagan
10-04-2007, 05:12 PM
~ Illuminations
~ Future world music
~ Fantasmic Theme
~ "Love in a Roller Coaster" :D
~ Grim Grinning Ghosts

and after this last trip, the music from the "Boo To You" parade. Can't get it out of my head!

MickeyandTink
10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm a fan of the music they play outside in Future World.

:exactly:

WIth the fountains going, it's awesome!

COP's "It's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow" is another favorite.

And don't forget, "It's a Small World" :ack:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
~

and after this last trip, the music from the "Boo To You" parade. Can't get it out of my head!

I am totally with you. :thumbsup:

LandFan
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I like the tree of life theme music and soarin's theme music a lot. I also like the entrance music to EPCOT and the TTA spiel.:thumbsup:

jonah'smom
10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
My favorite would have to be the music to the SpectroMagic Parade, and of course Fantasmic!

baldburke
10-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm with Jonah's Mom on the Spectro Magic Parade music. That and the carousel of progress music are my favorites.

EPCOT84
10-05-2007, 02:33 AM
The grand orchestrations of the EPCOT Center entrance medley as you walk from the Disney bus area, walking through the trees, it brings you in, anticipating Spaceship Earth, and as you round the bend toward the monorail station, the grand music carries you through the turnstiles, under Spaceship Earth and in to Innoventions.

When EPCOT opened, the speakers used were state of the art. Home audio systems would advertise 'like the speakers used at EPCOT".

Golden dreams; energy, you make the world go 'round. Its fun to be free, to be on the move, one little spark, of inspiration..listen to the land, listen to the land, Canada, you're a lifetime journey for the traveller; Magic journeys, mystic places. Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit, tomorrow's child... it's a great big beautiful tomorrow and its a small world after all !

LibertyTreeGal
10-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Main Street loop
New Orleans Square Jazz (DL)
Golden Dreams (*sniffle*)
Momma Don't Whup Little Buford and All the Guys Who Turn me On Turn Me Down from CBJ
Castle in Spain -- Epcot

goofysbabe
10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I listen to WDW resort music at work on my computer (thru Live365 - they have several stations) my fav's are The music from Wishes Fireworks, Splash Mtn. area, Journey into Your Imagination with Figment - just to name a few.

Figgyluv03
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
HM music, the queue from Space Mountain, One little spark from the old JiYI & CoP. Of course DBf was getting annoyed with me singing that last night! ha ha. Some reason, it was just stuck in my head!

mcjaco
10-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I can listen to Golden Dreams, EPCOT's entrance music, AK's entrance music, and BTMRR's queue music all day long.

Haku
10-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Let's see, the songs that give me that visceral Disney feeling are The Epcot entrance music, the Main street Music, Fantasmic and Illuminations.

wjdoc
10-05-2007, 04:36 PM
The ambient music in the Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. I only stayed there once and i can still hear the music in my head.

Aggie97
10-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I love WDW music! My favorite music is from Main Street USA, Tapestry of Nations, Epcot Future World entrance, the Innoventions fountain (particularly "Standing in Motion" by Yanni of all people :)), Spectromagic, Illuminations, Wishes, Peter Pan's Flight.

I really just love how well they use ambient music and sounds to set the mood throughout the parks. The musical transition from land to land is really cool in MK, in particular. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
10-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I have some great Animal Kingdom music.

I listen to:

The Awakening
Oasis Loop
Tree of Life Area Loop
Asia Area Loop
Flame Tree Area Loop
Pizzafari Area Loop

I also love music from Main Street, as well as Disney Studios music (Hollywood & Sunset Boulevards).

Dreamer14
10-05-2007, 10:42 PM
My favorite is a song played prior to Illuminations. It's "Our Life" from the artist Uttara-Kuru. I also really like Illuminations.

Figaro
10-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Illuminations is my favorite to date. Ive yet to get to Illuminations and see it though. As of late, I've been taking a liking to the FW Music that's played by the pool. It's really got that feeling that your sitting out in say Montana or somewhere out west and your watching your cattle by night under a starry night and listening to the Native Americans in the distance as they are playing their music back in the golden days of the American West. Such a calming feeling. Especially at night. Christmas music has made it's way into FW though with the western Native American style to it. It's a nice change... :mickey:

ryca1dreams
10-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Awesome post. I've always loved WDW music. I especially love the background music to Future World at Epcot - the music that's played around Innoventions. As far as rides, I like the entire score to Spaceship Earth, Soarin', and of course the Space Mountain queue music. I like the resort background music at Poly also.

There's really just so much cool music playing at WDW. I like to walk around and listen to it. I've tried to collect some of it. I just don't have that much.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-06-2007, 01:17 AM
I'd have to say...

Fantasmic!
Specifically, the part where Malificent turns in to a dragon stands out as a powerful part.
And of course the finale - a real tearjerker! Hehehe

Grim Grinning Ghosts
Any and all versions of the song - could listen to them countless times.

Disney Dreams Come True Parade
I've really taken a liking to this music, especially after seeing it more than a couple times on our trips this past May and September.

Aerosmith
Walk This Way - I can no longer hear this song without picturing or imagining I'm on RnRC!

But my number 1 favorite....

Splash Mountain Queue Music!
I really with they would release this. Is it blue grass music? Love it all - really reminds me of the ride and what a great time it is!

Chris :hatter:

JPelle76
10-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd have to say...

Aerosmith
Walk This Way - I can no longer hear this song without picturing or imagining I'm on RnRC!

Chris :hatter:

LOL! Same here! But I also think of going upsidedown every time I hear "Sweet Emotion"!

I am such a sucker for WDW BGM!!! I have a quite a few playlists of just that! If I had to name my faves probably the star tunnel and queue music to Space mountain. And of course The Electrical Parade and Spectromagic! :thumbsup:

mickey&missy
10-06-2007, 09:00 PM
I love the Main Street music too!!

I also have a thing for, don't shoot me, It's a Small World. I know, I know!! I'm the first to admit I'm a little weird. But, it make me happy!!

The music from Wishes is absolutely favorite :cloud9: I listen to it all the time in my car, I love the part with the Genie "...We got some wishes to grant!..."

DS loves Solo Pilot, the song from Barnstormer. He makes me play it over and over again when we listen to my WDW CD's!

LudwigVonDrake
10-06-2007, 09:15 PM
The music loop that you hear outside the turnstiles of the Magic Kingdom and the Main Street USA loop :mickey:

Sweezy
10-07-2007, 03:48 PM
the score from 'soarin' would definitely be my favorite...i also dont mind the crazy little carefree theme on splash mountain~

dixielandings
10-07-2007, 03:49 PM
The music makes a huge difference for me in the Parks - I really love most of it. My favorites: Tomorrowland, Future World stuff (Horizons and Living Seas especially), and the music of France and Norway.

GrmGrninGost
10-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I love it all! But, some of my favorites are the Main St. music, Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Splash Mtn., Small World, Golden Dreams, and the song from the old Canada movie. :mickey: My all time fave was the music from the Main St. Electrical Parade! Man, I'd like to see them bring it back!

emmingo
10-07-2007, 04:32 PM
The theme song to the Tiki Birds!...er....the old one....:(

EJS-Houston
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I love Disney Music in general...and all the faves listed here are great...but I have to cast a vote for the old Main Street Electrical Parade music...I think the original title is something like "Electrical Baroque." It's the music for the Main Street Parade that I heard when I first visited WDW in 1972 when I was 12 years old. I have it on one of the Disney CDs and it still makes my heart leap into my throat and I feel like I'm 12 again, experiencing DisneyWorld for the first time.:mickey:

baldburke
10-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I was in a client's office last week and could have sworn he had Animal Knigdom music playing lightlyin the background, but I did not think it was appropriate to ask.

MinnieMommie
10-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I just love most all of WDW music but one of my favorites that really gets me going is the Main Street Electrical Parade. :thumbsup:

teambricker04
10-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I LOVE the Disney Music at the parks!

The music from the opening show of MK and the mainstreet music.

Bright Little Star sung by Sunny Eclispe at Cosmic Rays

The atmosphere music at AK and CA at DL... Aren't they the same?? I think from Bugs life. Love it.

Its a Great big beautiful tomorrow, One Spark, Oh Canada (even though I don't know the French parts), Splash Mountain, Let's listen to the land, Mission:Space (who sings that???)... the list could really go on forever.

chrisb26
10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I also like to listen to Sunny Eclipse however I think my favorite music that I can't to hear is probably the Illuminations pre show music that is my favorite thing to do is sit around waiting for Illuminations to start and listen to that music.

Stan
10-09-2007, 11:25 PM
When EPCOT opened, the speakers used were state of the art. Home audio systems would advertise 'like the speakers used at EPCOT".

You mean speakers like this one I had to edit out of the side of a client's head? No, I didn't charge extra- this kind of thing is part of my standard service.
Original image (http://www.FLmemories.com/B/70108_03.html) - Edited image (http://www.FLmemories.com/B/70108_02.html)

I've always loved WDW music, but I miss a couple of old favorites. In the old food court area of the Land in EPCOT, they used to play a string of country tunes (You are My Sunshine etc) done by or in the country piano style of Floyd Cramer. I kept begging in the Land stores for a CD, I emailed Disney, etc- but never got a copy of it :( (anybody out there know where it can be found?). And of course one day it was gone (forever?).

Also, in the preshow area of the old Journey into Imagination (Dreamfinder & Figment) ride they played a wonderful Kodak song, Makin' Memories, which fortunately I've had on CD for years. Wait- maybe that was in the Captain EO preshow- I miss that, too. :(

julyjewel
10-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I love all the music for Splash. The animals singing on the riverboat is my favorite!

DisneyDudet
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
The theme song to the Tiki Birds!...er....the old one....:(

Agreed! Some of the best! Can't get it out of my head!

I love the old Main Street Electrical Parade! All of it!

Anything from Epcot. It has the BEST music!

I did enjoy the few times they played "Deep In The Heart Of Texas" in Frontierland on few deserted nights in June of 05. You just have to clap! I mean.. You aren't Texan if you don't clap (at the appropriate times of course!)

I love ToT music. Oldie jazzy stuff... Its so cool!

Aerosmith... yeah... "Love in an Elevator" gets me everytime!

Tomorrowland BGM is pretty fun!

Michigander
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I love all the music and I bring it up to play all day on my computer. I love the mouseworld radio station because it plays everything. There are times when some of the songs will make me stop what I'm doing and just let my mind wander back to my last trip and something that happened that makes me smile. My one favorite that makes me laugh is "Blood on the saddle" from CBJ everytime I hear it I just start Laughing.:blush:

alwaysmickey
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
love the epcot entrance music. my all time favorite that gives me goosebumps is the
main street electrical parade!

ldn324
10-10-2007, 10:58 AM
The music from the star tunnel portion of the queue into Space Mountain also ranks up there on my list.

I'm totally with you on this one :thumbsup:. I LOVE the Space Mountain queue music. Actually, I find it quite hypnotic. I even did a massive hunt to find the music to have at home when I was meditating or doing yoga. I still have it saved somewhere on my computer - I should place it on my iPod. Ahh, just thinking of that music relaxes me even now :cloud9:.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
I love it all!! I have a lot of it but my favorite (I listen to it almost every day) is the Polynesian resort loop :blush:

King Triton
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
My favorite WDW music pretty much all comes from Epcot:

- Music from the Tapestry of Nations parade

- World Showcase music for the half hour leading up to Illuminations

- Epcot closing music (which incorporates some of the old Tapestry of Nations music)

All of the above can be listened to on Live365

Goofy Dad 13
10-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Epcot Entrance, the 30 minute lead into Illuminations.

I have a few MP3s of background music/resort loops, but can not find any to download anymore.

Where did you find yours so others can enjoy them as well?

mdearmas
10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I have never been able to listen to the Main Street Electrical Parade song without getting a goofy grin on my face! I absolutely love the song and everything to do with this parade!

:goofy:

Meryl70
10-11-2007, 04:52 PM
I LOVE the Pre-Illuminations music and I'm lucky enough to have the current music on my IPOD and in my car. (at least I think its the most current music as I haven't been there for 2 years...had to cancel my September 07 trip because I was sick :pout::pout:)

devoted93
10-11-2007, 07:30 PM
I really like Soarin' a lot. I also love the music played really early in Spaceship Earth (well, up until recently, we don't know if it will in the future) right at the beginning of the ride when Jeremy Irons starts in on "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship..." It's nice waveform ambient stuff that morphs as the ride continues. Love it, I even have the entire ride audio on my ipod!

LovinWDW
10-11-2007, 10:40 PM
EPCOT has some of the best music IMO. I love the song they play as you enter the park, I love the Soarin sound track and the music they play around the fountains is great.

14 more days! :)

dumbo ears
10-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I a fan of the future world music and of splash mountain, Space mountain, and hounted mansion. Also I like the music from soarin and figment

RSGBSG2002
10-12-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm in love with all the music in Spaceship Earth, but my favorite part is the finale. You know, when you see the fiber optic cables and the music crescendos? That part. I end up humming it all day. :cloud9:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
10-12-2007, 10:25 AM
This morning it has been the Adventureland area loop and the American Adventure loops. Lovely music!! Makes my day a little brighter :D

EPCOT84
10-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Also, in the preshow area of the old Journey into Imagination (Dreamfinder & Figment) ride they played a wonderful Kodak song, Makin' Memories, which fortunately I've had on CD for years. Wait- maybe that was in the Captain EO preshow- I miss that, too. :(

Makin' Memories ! Yeh,:clappy: that was a good catchy tune! Now its running through my head. Thanks Stan. Very appropriate for you !

Makin' Memories was the pre-show to the Magic Journeys 3D show at the Imagination. Magic Journeys then moved to Tokyo Disneyland and at MK it was replaced by Captain EO.

AdventurerKim
10-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I keep WDW music in my car for when work is stressful, or I just need to hear the sounds of my favorite place--like now! :mickey: My favorites are the Haunted Mansion music, "It's Fun To Be Free" from WOM, "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" from Kitchen Kabaret, Main Street Electrical Parade music, Spectromagic theme, "One Little Spark" from Imagination, and the old EPCOT entrace song. :thumbsup:

emerzmom
10-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I love the Tapestry of Nations music. I have the CD...I should go listen to it now...:magic:

Kairi_7378
10-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Soarin' and Fantasmic are my two favorites.

Toad
10-13-2007, 11:49 AM
World of Motion
The Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Epcot Entrance Music (particularly "Energy," "Fun to Be Free," and "Listen to the Land.")
Spaceship Earth (1994-2007)
Liberty Square Area Music
Peter Pan's Flight
Journey Into Imagination
Space Mountain
It's A Small World
Carousel of Progress
the list goes on and on...

I think EPCOT has (or had) the best music.

ImagiAsh
10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I really love the music walking up to the Tower of Terror.