PDA

View Full Version : Strollers on the buses

Goofy Pluto
10-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone.

So my wife and I have been planning to bring our big Graco double-stroller with us to WDW so we don't have to rent one. It's certainly larger than an umbrella stroller and a bit bulky. Carrying it on and off the bus is not a problem for me (I'm a big guy), but I'm more concerned about it taking up a lot of space on the bus and inconveniencing others.

So does anyone have any experience with this? Is there a place on the buses to put a stroller? Is this not recommended? Any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

faline
10-04-2007, 02:02 PM
There's no other way to do it but tofold it up and carry it on. You'll find many others in the same situation - lugging their strollers on or off the buses as well. It's just a fact of life at Disney and you'll find that even those of us without strollers completely understand your need!

Thanks for being such a considerate person!

vicster
10-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Ditto on Faline's response. We just came back September 21st and there were a lot of large strollers on the buses. Although my kids are now grown we still remember the days...

I wouldn't worry about it and do what you have to do. Have a great trip!

disneymom15
10-04-2007, 02:40 PM
I agree, it's never been a problem for us non stroller guests. It's a necessary piece of equipment.

Seasonscraps
10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
We don't have kids, but DH & I feel bad for people carting the strollers onto the bus. I never understood why there wasn't a place to kind of stow them in the front of the bus or something to accomodate them better.

javamama
10-04-2007, 03:14 PM
We did it last year it's a pain, but a way of life. I actually have a Maclaren Twin Techno, so it folds flat, but it's still a pait in the butt. Everyone know kids/babies need a stroller, we've either been there, or are doing it so don't worry--have fun!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-04-2007, 08:48 PM
We have never had a double but, we have always had a stroller with us. Everyone is used to it. Don't worry. :)

One little tip. One of my pet peeves is when parents wait until they are next to step on the bus before they take the child out, unload it and fold it up. I always make sure I have the bags out and take my DD out of the stroller as soon as I see the bus pulling in. DH folds it up, I take the bag and DD's hand and we get on the bus. If it is a long line like after park close etc, I let DD stay in the stroller until I know we are getting on the bus that is there. You get pretty good at being able to tell whether or not there will be room for your party on a bus.

I find that helps with keeping the strollers/bus situation a more pleasant one.

Have a great trip!

IloveDisney71
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
I agree that strollers are a necessary part of life with little ones. I've never seen anyone complain about other people's strollers. It's Disney, there are tons of kids, it's just a given that there will be strollers on the buses. Take it, but I agree with the previous poster, be ready to board and everyone will be happier.
Have fun!:mickey:

Goofy Pluto
10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. It's nice to know we won't be out of the ordinary or seen as being obnoxious or rude with our stroller.

sleepingbooty
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I just wanted to add that for us, it was such a pain with the big stroller, that we just decided to factor in the cost of renting to the trip budget. Many times the busses are so crowded that you see people either holding the big stroller on their lap - because there is not even any room on the floor with all the people standing. Or, sometimes balancing a big stroller on the floor between their legs while standing and holding onto the rail. Also, the one time we brought our own, we thought it was a real pain because one of us would have to tote both kids on and off (sometimes asleep), while the other hefted the stroller and bags (or some other equally difficult combination). I always advise people to rent if they are going to be depending on busses for transport. It would make a big difference if they had a cargo hold under the bus where you could stow them.