PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Daisies

NotaGeek
10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Anyone else besides me LOVE this new show? Oh man, it's wonderful, albeit a bit to Desperate Housewives style with the Narrator's voice.

Totally funny and ADORABLE male lead!

CleveSJM
10-04-2007, 01:10 PM
It was a very good pilot episode. Talk about anti-reality TV. This type of fantasy programming might just become popular after all the hyper-reality shows like CSI and Law and Order.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Two thumbs up!

PS - If you liked the 2003 movie, "Big Fish", you'll like Pushing Daisies, or vice versa...

ChipnDaleGal
10-04-2007, 01:11 PM
I recorded it last night, but I don't think we can watch it until tomorrow night. It is one of the shows I have been excited about, so I am glad to hear that you liked it so much Michael! :thumbsup: we will have to discuss it next week!

NotaGeek
10-04-2007, 02:18 PM
I recorded it last night, but I don't think we can watch it until tomorrow night. It is one of the shows I have been excited about, so I am glad to hear that you liked it so much Michael! :thumbsup: we will have to discuss it next week!
The whole time I watched it I thought, Donna and Dakota are going to LOVE this show.

ChipnDaleGal
10-04-2007, 02:41 PM
The whole time I watched it I thought, Donna and Dakota are going to LOVE this show.

Now I am even more excited!! You know what we like, baby!! :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
10-04-2007, 08:06 PM
We LOVED this show! It was so quirky and definitely a nice break from all the reality shows! It kind of reminded my 2 DD's of Edward Scissorhands...not sure why? Maybe because of the unusual cinematography (sp?). I hope the rest of the season is as good as the first show. :)

ChipnDaleGal
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
We were able to watch this last night afterall. My daughter and I both liked it a lot. Very original show for Network Television. Quirky is certainly the best way to describe it. It was very "Big Fish" - ish, as CleveSJM mentioned, with hints of Tim Burton. I am certainly interested to see where this thing goes. I could not stop laughing that his pie shop is called The Pie Hole! Loved seeing Kristin Chenoweth, but I kept hoping she would break out into a Wicked song. Good first show! :thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
10-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I loved it! What a funny and great concept! I love that Charlotte/Chuck is now in on the rewards for catching people's killers. I can't wait for more! :thumbsup:

mjm
10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
This show is GREAT!:tv:

And to think I almost missed it. My wife actually said I had to sit down and watch it.

I love the quirkiness. And, yeah, I noticed it really resembled how Desparate Housewives groups it's "acts". But, I think it works for this show too.

Definitely a show to make sure I don't miss.

kaerbear178
10-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I had to go watch it on ABC's website after reading these posts. It was really good, my fiance and I both loved it. Looks like Wed. will be a good night to watch television!

Dr_Nigel_C
10-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Add Jamie and I to list of folks who love Pushing Daisies -- very Tim Burton-ish, for sure.

Hopefully it'll have a big enough audience to keep going!

ImagiAsh
10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Loved seeing Kristin Chenoweth, but I kept hoping she would break out into a Wicked song. Good first show! :thumbsup:

I was hoping for that too! Although it wasn't Wicked, I'm glad they had her sing last week...I hope there is more of that to come. :thumbsup:

CleveSJM
10-13-2007, 04:53 PM
That was great to see Chenoweth with a song.

I hope they give it a better time slot. It is not even close to a Wednesday 8pm show. It's a Sunday show (catch a little "Six Feet Under" or "John From Cincinatti" buzz that HBO created for fantasy shows...)

Or maybe during the week at 10pm...

IamBelle
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
PS - If you liked the 2003 movie, "Big Fish", you'll like Pushing Daisies, or vice versa...

I totally agree I read Big Fish and watched the movie last year, and I LUV Pushing Daisies!

mjm
10-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Wondering if there's anyone old enough in this discussion who remembers the BBC series based on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or anyone who's read the book. I'm not talking about the recent movie; which I haven't seen.

But I realized after watching the second episode that the whole approach with the descriptions and background information voiceovers reminds me of how the story in Hitchhiker's Guide was presented; especially in the BBC series.

NotaGeek
10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
FINALLY! Kristen breaks into SONG, and it's Grease! FABULOUS!

I really love this show!

offwego
10-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Does anyone else find it takes a little bit to get into it each week? I enjoy it but at first I'm always a little what is this about it.

Perhaps it is on too early as I am still sometimes folding laundry and stuff..sigh one of these days I really have to get a tivo type system.

mjm
10-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Perhaps it is on too early as I am still sometimes folding laundry and stuff..sigh one of these days I really have to get a tivo type system.

Maybe you could pick up a cheap vcr someplace!:mickey:

cEveArdenfan
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
I loved Ellen Greene in Little Shop of Horrors,:heart: so I watched an episode on ABC.com, although the player doesn't work too well on my computer. :badpc:I don't usually like current TV shows, but this one really is my style. I wish I had watched it from the beginning. Why are there no reruns on right now?! I need to catch up.

IamBelle
02-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Pushing Daisies was on before the holidays, and hasn't returned. I haven't heard any explanation for it. Most shows go on a short break for a week or two, but it has been months. Has anyone heard anything? This is one of my favorite shows!!

SBETigg
02-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I've heard it was cancelled. It would be nice if they aired a few more shows to wrap it up but I'm not sure if they will.

IamBelle
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
wat??? omg, i hope that's not true!! Wasn't it a hit show?!! It was nominated last year!! AHHH!!

SBETigg
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I liked it, too, and it was nominated for lots of awards but it slipped in the ratings. I did a Google search, and I'm sorry to say that it is cancelled and it probably won't be back. The possibility of a movie or comic to wrap up the storylines was mentioned, but they don't plan to air any more of the show as it is.

bicker
02-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Ratings-wise, Pushing Daisies was the second-worst scripted drama on ABC this year doing only slightly better than Eli Stone. It's Live+SD STD audience was 2,365,000. A program on ABC typically needs at least 3,500,000 to survive to renewal. By comparison, the best scripted drama on ABC, Desperate Housewives, pulls in 7,540,000.

There were plans to air the final few episodes that were filmed, but the ratings for reruns they've put in Pushing Daisies' place were doing a lot better than new episodes of Pushing Daisies were doing. They might burn-off the remaining few episodes when they have absolutely nothing else to show, perhaps over the summer.

My wife and I loved the show. It was sad to see it go.

IamBelle
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
It figures, both my favorite shows, Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone are kicking the bucket...

ChipnDaleGal
02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Those were two of my favorites as well. I am such a show killer.

MNNHFLTX
02-23-2009, 01:14 PM
We knew it was going to happen, Donna, didn't we? The minute we get attached to shows they get cancelled. I still miss Men in Trees. :(

NotaGeek
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
You know I loved the show last year ... this year I just couldn't get into it. I think it got lucky due to the strike. I do LOVE Lee Pace though. SO cute.

DreaminofDisney24
02-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I looooove Pushing Daisies. Apparently, according to TV Guide, they aren't even going to air the remaining episodes. They will be either shown at the Paley Festival (I think that's the right name) which means only attendees will see it, or only put them on the 2nd season DVD...which will drive sales up for them. They are saying they can't find room on the ABC schedule-but, um, hello? Can't we watch them instead of Ugly Betty/Grey's Anatomy reruns? By the way, for those who find Lee Pace adorable...watch Miss Petigrew Lives for a Day-what a cute movie!

bicker
02-23-2009, 03:24 PM
They are saying they can't find room on the ABC schedule-but, um, hello? Can't we watch them instead of Ugly Betty/Grey's Anatomy reruns? The ratings for reruns they've put on in Pushing Daisies' place have been doing lots better than new episodes of Pushing Daisies were doing, before it was taken off the air.

For example, during the last week of January, the Grey's Anatomy rerun attracted almost six million viewers. The last five new episodes of Pushing Daisies couldn't even hope to get five million viewers.

kaerbear178
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I just read that ABC is planning to air the final episodes of both Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone this summer. Here are the dates and times...

~’Pushing Daisies’ airs Saturdays at 10 p.m., May 30th through June 13th
~’Eli Stone’ airs Saturdays at 10 p.m., June 20th through July 11th

NotaGeek
04-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I just read that ABC is planning to air the final episodes of both Pushing Daisies and Eli Stone this summer. Here are the dates and times...

~’Pushing Daisies’ airs Saturdays at 10 p.m., May 30th through June 13th
~’Eli Stone’ airs Saturdays at 10 p.m., June 20th through July 11th
THANK GOODNESS! I really miss Eli Stone!

IamBelle
04-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh, good, at least the story lines will have an end to them. THANK YOU!!

handmaidenofprincesses
04-11-2009, 03:01 PM
THANK HEAVENS! I would have been really peeved if they really had ended Pushing Daisies with a comic book!

handmaidenofprincesses
04-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Oooh so I just went to share the good news about PD and Eli Stone with a movie/tv forum that I post on and apparently Eli Stone may have been picked up by Sci Fi... there are new episodes posted beyond what was shown on ABC, I'm watching one now!! :yay: (PM me if you want the site, I don't think I am allowed to post links)

AdventurerKim
04-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm so glad ABC will air the last episodes of Pushing Daisies! That was/is a great show. I'm so glad that we won't be left hanging after showing Ned's dad is played by George Hamilton. I hope the storyline is tied up satisfactorily, and we're not left hanging knowing nothing is next.

TheVBs
09-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Ok, I realize I'm 2 years late on this, but thanks to the wonders of Netflix I've recently discovered the show Pushing Daisies, and quickly found out that it only lasted for two seasons. What a crime!! :mad: I've watched all the episodes and really enjoyed them. I read that there were some comic books done afterwards, and while I'm not a big comic book person, I would consider trying these. Has anyone here read them? Are they worth it?