PDA

View Full Version : Barry Manilow!!

alphamommy
10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Merry Christmas to me! I just ordered tickets to see Barry Manilow on 12/15 at The Palace of Auburn Hills!

I asked my husband if he would go with me, and he laughed. He then told me to go ahead and order the tickets, and find someone to go with me later. I think my best friend will go, but I also have another friend that might if the first one can't.

I'm so excited!

scootch713
10-04-2007, 01:19 PM
I am a FANILOW too. When I turned 40(three years ago), I paid $1000 and got a front row seat and backstage pass/pics VIP package as it was suppose to be his one night live/one last time tour. It was worth every penny!... Where is Auburn HIlls??? My hubby won't go with me either..... oh well, more fun without em' :D

alphamommy
10-05-2007, 04:01 AM
Auburn Hills is near Detroit (the Pistons play at the Palace).

I was singing "Copacabana" to myself all day after I got the tickets. :thumbsup:

NJBelle
10-05-2007, 08:10 PM
OH lucky! I'd love to see Barry Manilow in consert! 'Copacabana' is one of my favorite songs! Being only 14 and having 14 year old friends, none of them know who he is. :( Both my parents are big fans. I love his music.

MauiMouse
10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
How cool! Have a great time.

I saw Barry at least 3-4 times way back when, at Fox Theatre, back when it was Pine Knob and then in Ann Arbor.

I just downloaded his newest album. :thumbsup:

alphamommy
10-06-2007, 02:05 AM
<snip>
... back when it was Pine Knob...
<snip>

For some of us, it will always be Pine Knob! I grew up about 3 miles from there, and I refuse to call it whatever corporate-sponsored alphabet soup name it has now! :ack:

MauiMouse
10-06-2007, 08:30 AM
For some of us, it will always be Pine Knob! I grew up about 3 miles from there, and I refuse to call it whatever corporate-sponsored alphabet soup name it has now! :ack:

I agree, don't even know what it's called now. hahaha. I use to live in Rochester Hills, now living up north.

alphamommy
10-06-2007, 05:04 PM
It's now "DTE Energy Music Theater", although the ski slope is still "Pine Knob". You have to remember to translate "DTE Energy" into "Detroit Edison". :rolleyes:

i'm grumpy
10-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Cool! I've never seeen Barry or Donny Osmond.

Jasper
10-07-2007, 03:35 PM
I am thrilled for YOU!! I put the emphasis on you becuase even though I recognize that Manilow is a good musician and all I just have never been a fan of his shows. I went to one somewhere in the late 70's or early 80's(of course I may be off by a decade either way) and just did not enjoy it.