PDA

View Full Version : Mookey's Family and friends trip - part 3

mook3y
10-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Lets see, I left off with Monday morning and surf lesson. Like I said, it was a BLAST! Very exhausting, and very fun! I would highly recommend doing a lot of push ups and swimming laps if you are over 30 or not in good shape before attempting this.

The staff was excellent about telling you what you were doing wrong and being supportive!

I definately would like to try surfing again in that setting once more before hitting the ocean!

The only problem with the surfing school was that when we were done, we sat outside the bustop to go back to BW for an hour before one stopped to pick us up. I had to complain 3 times to guest services at Typhoon Lagoon and it took calling our hotel's concierge desk and complaining before a bus finally stopped to pick us up. All the busses were dropping people off at the first few stops and didnt even look at us standing at the bus stop that was to the right.... :mad:

It probably wouldn't of been so bad if we were not so exhausted from surfing.

Well we made it home and had video of our surfing. Our kids were hooting and hollering for their daddies as they watched our first attempts! Who knows... a couple of them might be worth $10,000 on america's funniest videos. :D

This was one day I was really glad to have a jacuzzi tub in the room. It helped a lot to sooth my aches and pains. lol

I was pretty exhausted so my family took it pretty easy for the rest of Monday. Spent a little time in Epcot and then headed back to the resort for a short nap and swimming in the pool. The kids loved the waterslide at BW.

We did not have ADR's for Monday night so we called and was able to get in at ESPN zone without much of a wait. JJ and his father joined us for dinner that night and we spent a good part of the evening together, watching the performers along the boardwalk. Our kids loved watching these acts.

Dinner at ESPN zone was ok. It was a LOT of food. the service was bad, had to ask for refills more than once, not enough silverware..... but the company was great!

Tuesday was originally scheduled to be a Girls night out Boys night out But when we arrived, we had multiple issues with our dining reservations. This was one night we could not fix. They had the reservations under 3 different spellings of our name... :confused: not sure why they did not use our phone number to look for our reservations. But anyways, our planned Tue ressies were for Thurs instead, so we just adjusted.

We did make it to MGM for a few hours in the morning. My DD3 is still proving our prediction of her being a daredevil to be correct. She went on ToT twice in a row. She loved it the first time from the back row, but the second time we were in the front row and I think that intimidated her more as she didn't like it as much the second time.

My DS5 wanted nothing to do with ToT at first, But all it took was his younger sister wanting to go to get him on the ride the first time. Getting him on the second time took a little bribery. He agreed to go so long as we could go back to the pool and go swimming after afterwards and so we did.

We had dinner that night at Big River Grille and Brewworks. Then we went to the community hall and played some games with the kids and had a pretty relaxing evening.

Wednesday morning we were up pretty early. We had breakfast 7:40 am at Cape May. We all enjoyed this meal and the character interactions.

DS5 had a pirate adventure that left from the Yacht club and DD3 headed off to Bibbidi Bobbiti Boutique.

It was a lot of fun to observe my son as he headed off on his adventure. Their first stop was at the Dolphin resort and I happened to be on the bridge and was able to observe him without him seeing me. It sure looks like they have a LOT of fun on those trips! I spent the morning wandering the boardwalk and enjoying the quietness of the morning there.

After his adventure, we headed off to MK to go see DD all dolled up. It was adhorable. She had decided to be Tinkerbell for the halloween party on Friday, so that is what she decided to wear for her makeup. She thuroughly enjoyed being fussed over and made up. :cloud9:

We were back at the resort by 5pm and went swimming before my DW and I had our date night!

Babysitting is a rare commodity for us, so we took full advantage of our friends watching our children this night. They were very brave souls and took our kids into Epcot for the evening! their 3 and 4 year olds and our 3 and 5 year olds. Kudo's to them!

Anyways, we went to Narcoossee's for dinner. Order a nice bottle of wine, stepped outside to watch the fireworks over the MK and had a very quiet relaxing meal. This was our second trip there and yet another double thumbs up from us! Service and food were both outstanding.

From their, we went to DTD and hit the Adventurer's Club. KUNGALOOSH! What a riot that place is. It had us laughing the whole time. Of course a few Jungle Juices helped with that.

My DW thought I had plenty to drink at that point and convinced me to head out. Which I did. I think she was afraid I was going to passout and she would have to try and carry me home! :D lol But, I dragged her into 8 Trax before heading home. She really didnt want to go at first.... But we spent over an hour on the dance floor :D It was a lot of fun!

But getting home at 1:30 am with kids that get up at 6:30 am was not a fun thing with a hangover... Good thing I drank a lot of water and took tylenol before I went to bed!

But it was a blast! Definately enjoyed have some time to play with just DW and myself!

Will get to more soon!

Mickey'sGirl
10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I love that you can find a way to look at a possibly bad situation and turn it around -- you adjusted. That's the best way to find all the magic at Disney!:thumbsup: I love that your DD3 got your DS on TofT. It is our DS3's favourite ride .... and he also prefers to be seated in the front row. We want to go to Narcoosees -- Maybe in August -- we will be going to the AC for the first time next week, whilst our guys have "Kids Nite Out" ...and I can't wait! KUNGALOOSH! :mickey:

KylesMom
10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
What a great couple of days you've had - very enjoyable reading, Mook3y! Looking forward to more! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
It sounds like you are having such a good time with your family and friends. I don't blame you at all for taking full advantage of the sitter situation and having a fun date night at Narcoosees and Pleasure Island. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Another great group of days. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
When you have little children, it can be very difficutl to get adult itme out! I'm sure this time was very precious to you and am glad you had fun!