PDA

View Full Version : I've missed you and I have news....

tinkerbellybutton
10-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey everyone! I’ve missed you guys soooo much!!! I’ve been away for a while but wanted to say thanks for the happy birthday messages and I’m sorry for everything I’ve missed. For those of you who don’t know, Hailey, my DD has had some problems off and on for quite a few years. She was in and out of a mental hospital and diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Well, shortly after my surgery in May we started having problems with her again, out of control behavior, depression, angry outbursts, etc. She admitted herself into a group home but ran away from there as well. Well, things have calmed down with her, she’s into regular counseling and now we can focus on the good news, I’m GOING TO BE A GRAMMIE!!!!! She is due Dec. 2nd! I’m concerned about the baby’s welfare when he gets here but I know that between myself, Bruce and the rest of his extended family that Hailey and the baby will have all of the support and help they need. I just wanted to share the good news. I also wanted to know if anyone else has any experience with BPD. My sister had it and my family ended up taking her children because the state was going to due to neglect. She was a wonderful person but her disease made her unable to focus on anything but herself. Thanks for listening. I hope to be around much more from now on I’ve missed you all!!!!!

MsMin
10-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey, glad to hear from you again. Sorry I am out of time, I was just signing off when I noticed this.
I am very familiar w/ BPD and would be glad to help answer questions but I think it would be more appropriate in a PM. :pixie:

Dsnygirl
10-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Traci, it's good to see you back among us!! I was in your neck of the woods (or ocean, really....;)) again this summer - we spend a week out on Orr's Island every August! Wish I'd thought to touch base w/ you here before we went!!

Anyway - I'm glad to hear things are better w/ your DD, and CONGRATS on the great Grammie news!! Wow - Dec. 2nd... it'll be here in no time!! I'm sure you all will be a great support to her, and that things will continue to get better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and am sending a little :pixie:, too!!

tinkerbellybutton
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Traci, it's good to see you back among us!! I was in your neck of the woods (or ocean, really....;)) again this summer - we spend a week out on Orr's Island every August! Wish I'd thought to touch base w/ you here before we went!!

Oh, I wish I had known, Orr's Island is less than 10 minutes away, we live like 2 minutes from Cook's Corner. Lucky me huh? :razz:

tinkerbellybutton
10-04-2007, 05:44 PM
CONGRATS on the great Grammie news!! Wow - Dec. 2nd... it'll be here in no time!! I'm sure you all will be a great support to her, and that things will continue to get better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and am sending a little :pixie:, too!!

Oh and Thanks!!!! I'm so excited to see the little guy, it's a boy by the way.

Dsnygirl
10-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh, I wish I had known, Orr's Island is less than 10 minutes away, we live like 2 minutes from Cook's Corner. Lucky me huh? :razz:
Yes, lucky lucky you!! :cloud9: We stop at Cook's Corner on our way out to the island all the time!! Do you go to Cook's out on Bailey often??

tinkerbellybutton
10-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes, lucky lucky you!! :cloud9: We stop at Cook's Corner on our way out to the island all the time!! Do you go to Cook's out on Bailey often??

If you mean Cook's Lobster House I've actually never been:blush: I hear it's a great place. My ex-husband is a fisherman so any seafood I want I get for boat price or even free and I'm a very picky eater so we don't go out to eat much (except Fat Boy's ;) ) But I'll have to try it sometime.

Terra
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh my goodness Traci what long difficult road your DD, yourself and your family have had.
But what a blessing that a new child is on the way!!!

How amazing that you'll be a grandma in less than 2 months!!!!! This baby just has no idea how much love and support he's coming into!!!!!!!

You'll have to post pics for us when he's born!