PDA

View Full Version : POR two questions for veterans

EmmMOM2
10-04-2007, 08:18 AM
We are bringing a stroller...do we need to request a ground floor room? I remember seeing stairs to the second+ levels but no elevators.

Also, if we want to be close to the food court area which building should we request? The kids get hungry early in the AM so we want a short walk to the food. ;)

Thanks in advance!

DisneyGrrrl
10-04-2007, 08:26 AM
First question - we just stayed at POFQ, but we have stayed at POR. They do have elevators, they just have one per building so it may not be that close to your room. It's no big deal though. We were just on a second floor with a stroller and got lucky enough to be right by the elevators.

Second question - my folks were in building I believe and it was pretty close to the food court. I'm not sure what building is the closest though. That's actually one of the reasons that we prefer staying at POFQ - because it's such a small resort, every room is pretty close to the main hub.

DisneyGrrrl
10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry, that should have said building 9.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2007, 09:51 AM
You'll love POR!

I believe that the Bayou buildings do not have an elevator, so you will want to request a ground-floor room. I belive that the Mansions have elevators, but I haven't stayed in them, so someone else will be along to confirm I'm sure.

We stayed in building #18, and it was close to the main building, and had a quiet pool. #15 is also really close as well.

Enjoy your trip!

sainter
10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Mansion buildings do have elevators, and Bayou do not.

I have often seen buildings 14, 15 and 27 mentioned as being close to the food court. There is a map of the resort on this site too.

#1donaldfan
10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm sure you can request a ground floor.......stay in bldg 18/27 or 14....you'll be in the food court or Boatwrights in a second....those are also the closest to the busses........by the way.....you'll love POR, our little "home away from home"........:mickey: