PDA

View Full Version : POR standard vs. water view

mouseketeer mom
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Can anyone help my sister? She is booked for POR, not sure what view she has booked., but we're wondering the difference. Is POR one of those places that it is better to book a water view? Any chance of looking at something crummy the whole week if in a standard view? Any help would be great! Which would be best?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-03-2007, 10:57 PM
In my opinion, POR is one of the places where it really doesn't matter. In a water view, you could get the river (which would be really pretty), or you could get a pool...which, for me anyways, isn't really a big deal.

The landscaping at POR is awesome, so in a standard view you'll probably see trees and shrubs, and winding paths...just beautiful.

Now, at POFQ last summer we overlooked the garbage bins, and even they were OK...Disney tried to hide them...and we really didn't care, we loved being so close to the main building, and after all, we were still at Disney! :mickey:

Mickey91
10-03-2007, 11:11 PM
We just returned from POR. We had a waterview room. I don't think we looked out the window once. I honestly wouldn't pay the extra again. All the grounds are beautiful. Even the parking lots.:mickey:

Pirate Granny
10-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Take a look at the site map and pick a group of buildings that don't overlook the parking lots...and call and request those buildings...ask for rooms in buildings that are by the water, but ask for rooms not facing the water...
:pirate:

DisneyGrrrl
10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I think it doesn't matter. We were just at POFQ and my folks were at POR and we both had courtyard views (by luck of the draw) and it was great. Honestly, unless I was staying deluxe and had a balcony that I might spend time on, I wouldn't worry about it. You don't spend time looking out the window.

What was nice for us this time was that they gave us a corner room, which was a little larger and had two window

#1donaldfan
10-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Standard or water has ZERO relevance at POR....there is water, however it's only a small area to view....at least in AB.....the mansion side may be a little bit different, but how long are you in the room "looking" at the water.....for us its a shower / nap / sleep and back to the parks.....save the money and get a standard......you can't go wrong....