PDA

View Full Version : Questions about POR

tink03
10-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone I found out from a friend who just came home 2 weeks ago that their stay at PO Riverside was not so good. I just got back on Sunday and re-booked for Riverside so I need some info from some of you who were there that week. Was the service bad? How about the buses? And the pool area? I stayed there in 06 and thought it was great! Any ideas? thoughts? concerns?

CanadianWDWFan
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
What was wrong with it? There have been a lot of threads lately about POR and none have been good. But yet no one really goes into depth about what was wrong.

We stayed at POFQ in April and loved the look of POR during our walks around the property. So much so that we booked our next trip there. We arrive at POR in 3 days.:cloud9:

iluvdizney2
10-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I just got back from POR this week. We were there from 9/24-9/29. I loved the room and was really happy with check in, conceirge, and bell services...the biggest problem we had was the housekeeping. Our housekeeper continued to remove the privacy tag and knocked on our doors at 7:30/8 am, EVERYDAY. I finally reported it because it was 4 days and no matter how many times I spoke to her, she continued. The day before we left they power washed the doors at 7:45 am. They washed our door for FORTY MINUTES...we had bubbles and carpet was soaked. I opened one door (we had adjoining rooms) and yelled for the man to stop because water was pouring in. He did not hear me at first, so I screamed STOP! at which point it freaked him out and he turned to me...with the power wash still on....I got wet. LOTS wet. SO I finally called and reported this whole thing along with the housekeeper too. That night after MNSSHP (which was really nice) we got back to the room at 1 am. Dirty towels were removed, but no clean ones were left. No soap was left for us, but the old one was removed...no shampoo....and bathroom was left dirty. The fans were turned off, and the heat was turned on high...btw, it was 82 degrees outside at 1 am, and in the high 90's all day with high humidity...you get the idea. The housekeeper really let me have it for reporting her. Ya, it was all sorts of fun.
I spoke to the front desk mgr the next morning and she was mortified but we both got a good laugh out of it too.
I would not hesitate to go back there even with this stuff that happened because the over all experience was nice. We stayed there when it was dixie landings and we were in AB 17, this time we were in the 8000 Mansions section.
There also didnt seem to be a lot of people there. The pools were very lightly visited...food court was pretty busy but we waited no more than 10 minutes for any food, and about 3-4 to pay.
Hope that helps answer a few questions and concerns for you...

Donna

Mickey91
10-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Sounds like your friend was there about the same time we were. 9/14 - 9/23. We enjoyed our stay. I have to say that I was neither overly impressed or disappointed. We had a luggage incident that took longer to resolve than I thought it should. And, I feel that the slide at the pool should remain open until the pool actually closes as this is one of the perks and it closes before we usually get in from the parks. Housekeeping was okay not great. I was disappointed in the smoking areas. They seemed to be right along the main path and we encountered that more than I would have liked. But, you probably get that at any resort.

The busses were okay. The resort was booked solid while we were there. I think there were more people at POR than any other moderate that week. Every bus stop had LOTS of people. But, at one time we were filling three busses at once. So, while there were some long waits for a bus they also tried very hard to accomodate. The bus to POFQ and Downtown Disney is nice.

We stayed on the Magnolia Bend side and thought the scenery was beautiful. The pool was not crowded and the slide is really fun!!

I think as long as you are not expecting deluxe accomodations, you will be happy. We mostly used our room for sleeping, changing and showering. Oh, Boatwrites was really good too! And, for $35, make sure you take a carriage ride! It is wonderful!!:mickey:

DisneyGrrrl
10-04-2007, 08:32 AM
I was just at POFQ and my folks were at POR from 9/28-10/1. My parents did mention that they felt their room was a little dirty. Not surface dirty, but like it hadn't had a really good deep cleaning in a while. They did complain, but nothing came of it.

We had no issues whatsoever at POFQ.

tink03
10-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Thank you all for the info on the POR. We stayed at CBR Sept 22-30 and enjoyed it, but I stayed at POR in 2006 (MAY) and liked their food better! I will agree with Mickey91 I think Disney should make better places for smokers. At CBR they are right on the paths and you have to walk right through them. I sat and watched and was surpriseed Disney didn't come up with a better solution. If you are pushing a stroller the smoke goes right in the babies (kids) faces :sick: I did however decide to stay with POR for Sept 08 (free dining) Ill be there Sept 20-28!!:number1:

:car: But I will be driving this time (too much turbulence for me this past trip!)

1 trip as a kid 80's
CBR June 2004
POR May 2006
CBR Sept 2007
POR Sept 2008:thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
10-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Just got back! We were in Oak Manor, It was a great locations. We liked the resort well enough. The room was clean and the Mousekeeping was OUTSTANDING! We will stay here again.

I am in process of uploading some pictures so bear with me. I'll post them here in the next day or so.

ILoveLegos
10-15-2007, 10:02 AM
We stayed at POR Building 27, September 30 - October 6, 2007. It was our third stay ever on property and in building 27. Let me preface my comments by saying that for us "choosing" to stay anywhere in WDW we'd pick building 27 Alligator Bayou everytime - this even when we live only 70 miles away approximately 1/3 of the year - so staying at Disney the the way we emerge ourselves in the experience!
We love POR place so much because:
1. The foliage and landscaping is beautiful and lush and green. We love spotting "wild life like frogs, lizards and bunny rabbits - don't forget the ducks and geese!
2. Everything is just a small walk away and we're really into walking - this is the place to do it!
3. The mousekeeping staff is so nice, we've come to really know the individuals, found out that our recent mousekeepers' daughter lives just 10 miles from our "northern home" small world!
4. We got seven towel animals and tons of shampoos and soaps which made us smile big time, hey did we mention how nice the mousekeeping staff was?
5. The arcade, it's not just for kids - my mom and I had about 45 minutes to kill before an ADR at boatwrights we played air-hockey, driving games and dance revolution until we happened to glance at our watch and there were only 2 minutes to go! It was a blast!
6. Check in was both accommodating and great - we got our favorite building (27) without asking! Our luggage was delivered while we were in the room for the night, it's a great service not having to worry about that aspect of travel!
7. Boatwrights and the counter service dinning area, was great - there was a bit of a wait mayber 4 minutes tops through either - I've waited 10 times longer for more mediocre food. But this was down right delicious, what variety even satisfied our southern tastes! Outstanding - the cereal options (oatmeal) for breakfast. I was a very happy person with every meal choice I made!
8. General store - a must stop for every night, the staff there was exceptional too - especially great for pin trading I might add.
9. Buses were very accomodating we loved leaving the driving to Disney for a week. Maybe our park timing was great or its just our laid back attitude but we met people in line, on buses and in general which made waiting a whole lot more enjoyable. The bus drivers were great too.
10. Check out and pre-boarding and luggage drop off were a cinch too! I've never travelled so lightly through security, it was a breeze.
11. Those little extras like the boatride to DTD, the carriage ride, the sound of horses passing, the pools both quiet ones and the main with the slide and hot tub. Wow! Do you get the impression that we love this resort? Well we really, realy do! :mickey:
12. Our room - oh yeah forgot to mention it was perfectly sized for our family, very clean and kept that way and on the ground floor which accomodated my mom's hips and knees after a full day of walking, dancing standing and riding! The weather was variable in temperature the whole stay both the heat and air conditioning worked great - the staff even installed a new compresser unit during our stay just part of the regular maintenance! They were nice too!

LuckyMum22
10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
We stayed at POR Building 27, September 30 - October 6, 2007. It was our third stay ever on property and in building 27. Let me preface my comments by saying that for us "choosing" to stay anywhere in WDW we'd pick building 27 Alligator Bayou everytime - this even when we live only 70 miles away approximately 1/3 of the year - so staying at Disney the the way we emerge ourselves in the experience!
We love POR place so much because:
1. The foliage and landscaping is beautiful and lush and green. We love spotting "wild life like frogs, lizards and bunny rabbits - don't forget the ducks and geese!
2. Everything is just a small walk away and we're really into walking - this is the place to do it!
3. The mousekeeping staff is so nice, we've come to really know the individuals, found out that our recent mousekeepers' daughter lives just 10 miles from our "northern home" small world!
4. We got seven towel animals and tons of shampoos and soaps which made us smile big time, hey did we mention how nice the mousekeeping staff was?
5. The arcade, it's not just for kids - my mom and I had about 45 minutes to kill before an ADR at boatwrights we played air-hockey, driving games and dance revolution until we happened to glance at our watch and there were only 2 minutes to go! It was a blast!
6. Check in was both accommodating and great - we got our favorite building (27) without asking! Our luggage was delivered while we were in the room for the night, it's a great service not having to worry about that aspect of travel!
7. Boatwrights and the counter service dinning area, was great - there was a bit of a wait mayber 4 minutes tops through either - I've waited 10 times longer for more mediocre food. But this was down right delicious, what variety even satisfied our southern tastes! Outstanding - the cereal options (oatmeal) for breakfast. I was a very happy person with every meal choice I made!
8. General store - a must stop for every night, the staff there was exceptional too - especially great for pin trading I might add.
9. Buses were very accomodating we loved leaving the driving to Disney for a week. Maybe our park timing was great or its just our laid back attitude but we met people in line, on buses and in general which made waiting a whole lot more enjoyable. The bus drivers were great too.
10. Check out and pre-boarding and luggage drop off were a cinch too! I've never travelled so lightly through security, it was a breeze.
11. Those little extras like the boatride to DTD, the carriage ride, the sound of horses passing, the pools both quiet ones and the main with the slide and hot tub. Wow! Do you get the impression that we love this resort? Well we really, realy do! :mickey:
12. Our room - oh yeah forgot to mention it was perfectly sized for our family, very clean and kept that way and on the ground floor which accomodated my mom's hips and knees after a full day of walking, dancing standing and riding! The weather was variable in temperature the whole stay both the heat and air conditioning worked great - the staff even installed a new compresser unit during our stay just part of the regular maintenance! They were nice too!

DItto Ditto Ditto!
We just got back too (Sept 25-30) and had a very fine time! So much so that I wrote Guest Relations about how fabulous our housekeeping was! We were also in Building # 27 in the AB section.
I can't understand the negative reports because our stay was the best ever!

ILoveLegos
10-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks! Just penned our letter, thanking guest relations too! Like you, it's our way of saying thanks for a wonderful experience. :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
10-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I've never had ANY problems with POR.....we absolutley love it there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!