PDA

View Full Version : Brita water bottle filters

Mickey 101
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I've seen threads on this topic before, but can't remember.....does anyone know where you can buy the filters for individual water bottles? If I remember right, they're like a cap you put on the bottle or something. Thanks!

mttafire
10-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I am almost 100% sure i've seen them in Wal-Mart.

mulderxcoltrane
10-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Has anyone tried these? (especially at Disney) I'd never heard of them, but they sound great! I can't stand the taste of the water in the parks and don't really want to have to buy water every time I need a drink!
On the same note, has anyone tried the little flavor packets you add to your water, like crystal light? I've had them at home, but wonder if they could cover up the taste of Disney water?

Momof2boys
10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
We used to buy the Brita water bottle filters, but then we couldn't find them for the longest time. We switched over to bring the individual Crystal Light packages to add to the water. These worked great & we now use them all year round.

princessM0m
10-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Has anyone tried these? (especially at Disney) I'd never heard of them, but they sound great! I can't stand the taste of the water in the parks and don't really want to have to buy water every time I need a drink!
On the same note, has anyone tried the little flavor packets you add to your water, like crystal light? I've had them at home, but wonder if they could cover up the taste of Disney water?

Sent you a PM with a link to a blog on the subject.

kim1st
10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm psyched to hear about the water bottle filters - I'll have to pick some up!

Re: the flavor packets - I bet they'd work. In addition to the Crystal Light - I think Lipton & 4C both make an iced tea variety. We use them a lot, and they're pretty tasty - very convenient as well!

dmallan
10-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I have two of the Brita bottles that we used on our trip in 2004. They worked great! We took one with us to the parks each day. Usually with our CS meals we'd ask for a large cup of water and then just refil it. They will also give you a large cup of ice so the water was usually nice and cold. And it sure eliminated the yucky water taste!

I have heard, though, that they discontinued making them. I have looked here and there when I see a Brita display and haven't seen them in a while. Maybe someone else can confirm.

sainter
10-05-2007, 11:06 PM
The Brita water bottle filters are discontinued but I bought a bunch (new in box and packaging) on ebay not long ago. One filter is good for 15 gallons of water-- that is 120 16oz bottles and they work very well. The Crystal lite and Lipton packets work well too on the water taste, and just for something different.

HeidiGW
10-06-2007, 03:55 AM
Just hours ago, at Wal-Mart, I saw a Pur picture that had a "free' individual-sized container. It came in multiple colors and had one of those hiking hooks/clips so it could be attached to a backback, stroller, lanyard etc.
I almost bought the whole thing just to have the smaller container to take to the World.
It was about $25, and in a large display between hardware and sporting goods.

Minniemouse27
10-06-2007, 04:04 PM
The downside to the Crystal Light and Iced Tea packets is that they all contain artificial sweeteners. :(

I'm picking up some of these (http://www.waterfilters.net/SB-2-Water-Bottle-w-Filter_p_0-265.html) for our trip. On the replacements page it says that they used to be marketed by Brita so they may be the same bottles!

CPT Trips
10-07-2007, 03:17 AM
The downside to the Crystal Light and Iced Tea packets is that they all contain artificial sweeteners. :(

I'm picking up some of these (http://www.waterfilters.net/SB-2-Water-Bottle-w-Filter_p_0-265.html) for our trip. On the replacements page it says that they used to be marketed by Brita so they may be the same bottles!

Yep! That's the bottle . . . you may have also solved the brita filter dilemma - thanks!