PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade?

pinkpebble83
10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Has anyone else out there ever booked their stateroom and then been upgraded? I had originally booked a category 12 guaranteed stateroom and today I looked online to find I am in room 2532 which is a category 8 or 9, deluxe inside stateroom! I am so excited, I think I just got sprinkled with some Disney Magic!:party:

Goofeygal
10-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey there I live in the Metro detroit area too. I didn't know you could look and see what exact room you have, how did you do that?

mouseketeer mom
10-03-2007, 08:24 PM
That is soooo cool. Now I wish I booked a guaranteed stateroom. We couldn't choose our stateroom when I opted for the family deluxe with verandah, it was guarantee only..so we went with 2 navigators with verandah instead, same price, connecting, we could choose our spot. Hmmm...there goes our chance to be upgraded to a cat. 3!!!!!

Tavel
10-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Congrats on the upgrade! :thumbsup: On our last cruise, we (both rooms) were upgraded from a cat. 8 to a 6 -- and loved it! So far this time around, no upgrade yet, but I'm happy anyway.

pinkpebble83
10-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey there I live in the Metro detroit area too. I didn't know you could look and see what exact room you have, how did you do that?

I am a Florida native, and Michigan is too far from Disney and too boring! Well, anyway I viewed my room, airline, hotel, and room number by signing onto Disney Cruise Line.com and then selecting My Reservation. 24 days and counting!:pirate:

TammiMcMan
10-05-2007, 04:02 PM
That's actually pretty common practice with the Disney cruise line. No one knows for sure how it's done, but it's an awesome surprise. Sometimes you find out about it when you get your cruise documents, other times you find out when you check-in at the terminal.

For those who haven't received complimentary upgrades, you can always ask about discounted upgrades at the terminal. If the ship isn't sailing full, you can sometimes move up a number of categories for very little money. The trick is to get to the terminal early though. If they have any, they go fast.

shellyc
10-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Has anyone else out there ever booked their stateroom and then been upgraded? I had originally booked a category 12 guaranteed stateroom and today I looked online to find I am in room 2532 which is a category 8 or 9, deluxe inside stateroom! I am so excited, I think I just got sprinkled with some Disney Magic!:party:

Very nice, you paid for a cat 12 inside, and you are in 2532 which is a cat 9 with porthole.
Nice upgrade.

Iluvpooh
10-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I will have to remember that when we book next year. Have a great time.:mickey:

PAMOUSELOVER
01-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I have been told by many to book a 12, as they are always the first to be upgraded.
My friend book a 12 and was upgraded to a veranda last Aug.