PDA

View Full Version : In-Room Coffee Makers

Disneyfirsttimer
10-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Can regular size filters be used in these coffee makers or do I need to bring special ones? I can't remember. I want to bring my own coffee and filters so it comes out better (hopefully).

Thanks.

Karyn

dmallan
10-03-2007, 07:11 PM
You'd probably be better off bringing those "pods" that are a filter with the coffee inside. I think Maxwell House makes them.

I can't decide whether to bring those or the coffee bags, since we have coffee drinkers and tea drinkers in our family. It would be easier to just put water through and have it available for coffee or tea (or oatmeal for that matter).

I wouldn't do that if I was using an in-room coffee pot. We're bringing our own 4 cup pot. I've put plain water through those pots at other places and the tea tastes like coffee! Yuck!

dmallan
10-03-2007, 07:14 PM
But...in answer to your actual question...
I believe you'll need to use the smaller 4 cup size filters.

The pods I was speaking of can be used in a 4 cup pot as well. I think it says on the package that it makes 4 cups of strong coffee, or 5-6 cups of weaker coffee.

JPL
10-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I want to bring my own coffee and filters so it comes out better (hopefully).

First tip to make better coffee at WDW is use bottled water or bring a Britta Pitcher or a similar brand the WDW water is nasty :sick:

PetefromRI
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes,
You'll need the 4 cup size for the coffee pot which we forgot when we went a few weeks ago.I had a whole pound of Dunkin Donuts coffee and not a filter or paper towel in site.Needless to say,on the way home from the airport we stopped at the nearest Dunkin Donuts!

CPT Trips
10-03-2007, 07:42 PM
We have used the large size coffee filters successfully in the 4 pot machines.:thumbsup: They just get a littel extra pleated . . . no sense buying a buch of 4 cup filters when you only need a few. Don't forget your measuring scoop;).
Not only is the WDW water a bit nasty, but making tea by running water through the machine will give you water that is not hot enough and tea that tastes like coffee:ack:
we have a smaller Brita filter bottle which goes to the parks with us and filters the coffee water. Works great and has many other uses.

crltkcagle
10-03-2007, 08:57 PM
you can use the smaller ones or the bigger ones. the bigger ones ended up a little squished but still work. have a great trip!:coffee:

dolphinmickey9170
10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi Karyn, the coffee pots are for a 4-cup filter. However, we buy the Maxwell House pods. These work great in the little pots. We love them. Much better than having to measure out coffee, or buying too many filters.

pixiesmimi
10-06-2007, 12:34 AM
The pods sound like a good idea. You never know what kind of pot it is going to be. Some are cone shaped and others round. Usually the coffee they provide in the room is in a pod. Those would be a lot less trouble.

SteveL
10-06-2007, 07:17 PM
First tip to make better coffee at WDW is use bottled water or bring a Britta Pitcher or a similar brand the WDW water is nasty :sick:

Once I forgot the bottled water and had to become Mac Guyver to make a decent pot of coffee.
Since the ice machines have filters, I tried filling the ice bucket the night before, and letting it melt.
In the morning I used the melter ice water for coffee and found it worked like a charm.

EPCOT84
10-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Once I forgot the bottled water and had to become Mac Guyver to make a decent pot of coffee.
Since the ice machines have filters, I tried filling the ice bucket the night before, and letting it melt.
In the morning I used the melter ice water for coffee and found it worked like a charm.

What a great idea !