PDA

View Full Version : What week in Jan. is the best??

Triplet Disney MaMa
10-03-2007, 02:35 PM
We have never been in Jan. before usually we go in Oct.
We WERE thinking of going Jan. 13th - 19th, BUT being the holiday weekend, and the marathon not sure if that is such a good idea anymore.
Sooo when are crowds the lowest?? Am I better going the week before the marathon, or the week after???? :confused:
*** You guys are all the greatest!!:number1: I am on here EVERYDAY a few times a day!!!
Also we will be staying at Port Orleans/Riverside if that makes any difference. Thanks :mickey:

Laura670
10-03-2007, 02:43 PM
We were there this past Jan during marathon weekend and it was crowded ......the crowds did thin out by the end of the week. I have never been during MLK weekend so I can't give you any input on that from what others have posted on here though it seems to be really crowded that weekend. Another thing to watch out for in Jan is when Florida school return back from Christmas break this also had a big impact on our trip we were there Jan 5th-12th
Hope this helps :mickey:

wjrhw
10-03-2007, 04:32 PM
We went during the Marathon a couple of years ago and I barely noticed them. But, this year, we were very surprised at the crowd levels during the same time period. We talked to many guests that were there for the Marathon and staying all week.

This year we are going to try the very last week of January that leads into February. I hope it works out well.

kbean
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I went on the very last week of Jan and it was dead at the MK. But it also was a cold day, but I don't think that was it. From what I read, Jan is supposed to be the best month to go.

Deesdisney
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I am going the last week of jan and I am so glad that everyone says it is not crowded. But I have been there during Dec. down days and was just wondering if it was better than that?

dmallan
10-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Just so you know...Martin Luther King weekend is the following weekend - not marathon weekend.
MLK weekend is actually the same weekend as the National Collegiate Cheerleading Competition.

Pipalotta
10-03-2007, 08:12 PM
We are going the 5th thru the 12th. We are hoping by the 5 the New Years crowds will be gone, and we leave the 12th which is the day of the half marathon so hopefully in between we will miss most of the crowds.

Mickey 101
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
January is our favorite time of year to go (even though we leave tomorrow!!) and MLK weekend crowds are definitely noticeable Saturday through Tuesday. You're much better off going the last week of the month. Anytime you go in January is pretty quiet compared to really busy times, but avoiding the Marathon and MLK weekend is a good idea if you can. Have a great trip! :mickey:

Triplet Disney MaMa
10-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Thank you very much!!!! The thought of pushing the trip back to the end of Jan. makes me sad!! LOL!! I want to go tomorrow!!! LOL. Thank you, I may look into the end of the month.