PDA

View Full Version : Watching Illuminations

dbieber
10-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I was wondering if anybody could tell me, where is a nice comfortable place to watch Illuminations. How soon should we arrive? It will be just be 2 of us. Epcot is so big it is hard to tell and I know some places are reserved. Thanks for the help. I love reading all of the information in the Discussion Boards. It is amazing how much knowledge people have and how helpful they are and willing to share.

casey@bat
10-03-2007, 11:26 AM
We sat on a bench behind the restaurant that sells Fish and Chips in Great Britain. It was a nice spot right on the lake with nothing obstructing our view.

disneymom15
10-03-2007, 01:43 PM
We usually have a good view near Marocco.

crltkcagle
10-03-2007, 01:59 PM
the best place is the vip area. we got to watch from that spot a few weeks ago. everyone was laid back on the cement and had a good time!

laprana
10-03-2007, 05:04 PM
If you're able to get a table, the CS place at Mexico is a great spot to watch from. But, the tables fill up pretty early and some people can be kind of crazy about getting one! And I don't think it's fair to sit there if you're not also purchasing food there. Just about anywhere along the lagoon provides a good view. There are several benches scattered throughout WS that can provide a nice seat, but some of them are a little far back from the lagoon. Most of the time we just find a good, open spot and park ourselves on the concrete till the show starts!:thumbsup:

DisneyFanaticDargon
10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Not a sitting spot, but the fence in Canada right by the popcorn/beer cart is my personal favorite spot to watch it from. I get there at least an hour prior to Illuminations.

mickey-mouse35
10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
We sat on a bench behind the restaurant that sells Fish and Chips in Great Britain. It was a nice spot right on the lake with nothing obstructing our view.

This sounds nice. Is it right up by the lake or further back with the sidewalk in front? Wondering if people will come and stand in the way right before Illuminations starts. What time did you park yourself on the bench?

Fish and chips sounds good! :eat:

Mickey 101
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
The view is good from just about anywhere around the lagoon. We don't worry about sitting down, but we think the deck above Mitsukoshi Department Store in Japan for a slightly elevated view is a great spot. Have fun!! :cloud9:

Speedy1998
10-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Not a sitting spot, but the fence in Canada right by the popcorn/beer cart is my personal favorite spot to watch it from. I get there at least an hour prior to Illuminations.

Ditto. We usually sit with our backs to the fence till a few minutes prior to show time.

TheFoo
10-04-2007, 10:37 AM
There is a jetty that pushes out into WS Lagoon right in front of Germany. (Look for the beer/pretzel cart). We usually arrive there at least 1 hour before Illuminations and LOVE the view.

(BTW, if between 10/13 and 10/19 you see 2 young couples sitting there and reading while waiting for Illuminations, come say hi, it'll be us! :D)