PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Camcorder - HELP!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I am very ignorant when it comes to digital camcorders. Since our twins are nine months old and my ancient tape camcorder just bit the dust, I need to get one fast. What are the essentials and what should I look for? My wife and I were looking at this one:

Panasonic (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8393419&type=product&id=1179876488334)

Any advice would be great.

Thank you!

Mrs. Brass Bonanza
10-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Our budget is under $400.

Mrs. Brass Bonanza
10-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Here is another suggestion from a coworker:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1149206842437&type=product

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Good quality = Canon.

Sony is a bit of a ripoff, plus a lot can go wrong with them.

Check the Canon brand...hope that helps!

Chris :hatter:

Wrigley
10-03-2007, 01:14 PM
We just bought a Panasonic 3CCD camcorder and absolutely love it. I am not sure what the price was since my husband was the one that went out and bought it, but it has been a great purchase. We also decided to buy a camcorder to tape our 11 month old! I am so glad that we went with this one!!

DizneyRox
10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
If I were in the market for a new camcorder, I would be going with Canon and I would go with miniDV.

Absolutely no way I would go with mini DVD or a Sony. Oh yeah, stay away from Best Buy too!

BigRedDad
10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
We have a Panasonic 3CCD. The reason we went that route was the crisp colors. The 3CCD has one processor per color (Red/Green/Blue). This allows the colors to be less washed out. Teh only other one we looked at was a Canon. The picture quality was not as good as the Panasonic.

P.S. I hate Panasonic products. I usually avoid them like the plague. But this camera has worked flawless for us so far.

MsMin
10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I love Canon for a still camera but stick to Sony for my video. I love cnet dot com (didn't want to add the link but it is . w/ no spaces) for help when purchasing. It's a site that has reviews for so many cameras w/ so many options. You can compare the HD to the mini dv or the dvd. One of the drawbacks w/ the HD that kept me from purchasing a new one was the limited capacity you have while in the park. You can also find out which camera takes best pics in the dark which comes in handy @ WDW and :fworks: They don't sell stuff only review sort of the intercot for electronics.